Author Topic: FG for HARP Future Testing  (Read 4659 times)

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
FG for HARP Future Testing
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:57 PM »
I know this is a long way off but I wanted to put it on everyone's minds for when we get there.  I don't think I will have time to run another game in addition to my Rolemaster game and doing FG development.  So when I finally get something together, I will need at least one person to GM a HARP game with FG and include me as a player. 

It will help me to see what is working and what isn't working.  Plus I will be able to help the GM work through any issues that occur during the game.  I will also have them keep the last stable version in case we hit any issues during the game that can't be worked around.

We can have a couple others do tests also but I will likely keep them at least one version behind so that they aren't alpha testing new changes.  The GMs doing beta testing will need to do a couple things to help me track down any issues they have but those shouldn't slow them down very much.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: FG for HARP Future Testing
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:31:42 AM »
I would personally be interested in doing this, however you probably will want more than just my input.  Is it more important for them to be HARP knowledgeable, or FG knowledgeable?
 Or a mix?
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 05:35:20 AM »
By the way, we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone if we also work on testing out converting Cyradon material at the same time (or creating new adventures for Cyradon) so that we can release those with or soon after the HARP release.

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »
HARP knowledge is the key.  Don't worry about FG knowledge since I will have to explain new features to the GM as they are developed.  We only really need one initially.  Eventually 1 or 2 more will help catch more errors and can provide additional feedback.

Great idea about converting the Cyradon material at the same time.  The GMs could also test those.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
I can definitely put together a team of HARP experienced players, and even mix in one or two newbies if desired.

For Cyradon I can build a couple of adventures while you are doing development.

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »
It won't be for awhile so don't get anyone too excited at this point. 

If you have room for a HARP newbie, I am sure my wife would like to join.  Plus she tends to tell me what needs to be fixed.   :P

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 09:42:31 PM »
What might be good is to run an adventure with seasoned HARP players, and then run the same adventure with newbies....   Good playtesting for the adventure that way, and also get to see the toolset work in both environments (and GM only has prep once!)

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 09:02:21 AM »
That's a good idea.  Yves or I can show you how to enter the adventure into FG when we get to that point.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:37 PM »
As time allows I'll try to create the adventure, so when the time comes I can put it into play...

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
Just out of curiosity, Thom, do you already have a copy of Fantasy Grounds?  I'm not sure if the licensing is different for you guys.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 07:55:03 PM »
Sorry for the delay, and for missing last weekend.  Starting last week I was put on a major project for my regular job - which then led to a new presentation of a proposal earlier this week - and then a presentation tonight to one of the top executives in the parent company... I kicked ass and my boss was raving about it after I was done.  My best work day in years.....

Now as for your question - I do not currently own FG.  I was going to buy it last year but my personal desktop died and I can't install anything on my work PC.  Recently got my wife a laptop to replace the desktop, but haven't yet had a chance to buy and install the software.  I'll try to do it in a couple of weeks....

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 01:56:59 AM »
Ha!  That isn't a delay.  I just posted it today.  ;)

Congrats on the great day at work.  Good job.  Those days are awesome.

You don't necessarily need to hurry picking up FG.  I was just curious.

The SpaceMaster game ran pretty good.  I was worried I was going to have to cancel it because of a problem at work.  I use my person laptop at work so I had the network administrator forward port 1802 so I can run the game from work.  I didn't get it setup until 10-15 minutes before the start time.  I got some positive feedback after the game. 

Here are a few details.  I had 6 attack tables.  Luckily most of the weapons use Arms Law and Spell Law criticals so I only had to create one critical table for the convention.  I also added the fumble table that wasn't already in Arms Law.  I added all the races before coming to my senses and realizing I only needed to add things I was going to use.  I created 7 pregens with skills and equipment.  I also made some modifications to the character sheet to handle a couple of the differences between RMC and SM2 like Armor Types. 

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:33 PM »
What is the progress of Fantasy Grounds for HARP?

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 10:42:19 PM »
FG v3.0 is in beta right now which makes it much easier to create rulesets using a base instead of recreating everything from scratch.  I am working on redoing the Rolemaster Classic ruleset for FG v3.0. 

Once I get that completed, I can look into creating the HARP ruleset. 

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 05:28:31 AM »
And I personally am chomping at the bit waiting for that HARP version...  :D

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »
Sorry about that Thom.  I was hoping to have something for you to try by now.

Offline Breksingeix

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
FG for HARP Future Testing
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 07:21:47 PM »
Who is your favorite character out of Search for the Harp?Nare0