Author Topic: Player choice of races on Cyradon?  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Player choice of races on Cyradon?
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »
Cyradon GMs: What races are most popular in your games. Are people mainly playing the refugees, the natives or an even split?
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Player choice of races on Cyradon?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
My experience has overwhelmingly been players wanting to play the native races (at least 1 gryphon and 1 Rhona), but I always try to make sure there are one or two refugees in the group.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:50:32 AM »
We haven't had anyone do a Gryphon yet, but when I go back to Cyradon my son will probably want to make one
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:13:57 PM »
As a follow-up question, do your players, when they use pregenerated characters, prefer details about race & culture in the notes or would they prefer such notes in more detailed examinations of the relevant races/cultures.

For example, say there is a choice of a Mablung healer: would they prefer details of what it is like to be one, etcetera, as part of the general write up of Mablung healers as part of, or separate from, the character write-up?
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 07:44:34 AM »
 IMHO as a hand out I would like it in the PC sheet and as a GM I would like it in the description in the book. So my vote is both places so each of the people see it.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
As a follow-up question, do your players, when they use pregenerated characters, prefer details about race & culture in the notes or would they prefer such notes in more detailed examinations of the relevant races/cultures.

For example, say there is a choice of a Mablung healer: would they prefer details of what it is like to be one, etcetera, as part of the general write up of Mablung healers as part of, or separate from, the character write-up?

I've found from tournament experience that a short para for the unusual or world-specific races is a must. So I'd want to see that, especially in the context of the PC in question ("Galan is a priest of Benwash, the Mablung God of Healers, but unlike most servants of Benwash, who yada yada, Galan likes to daya daya .. ")
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **