Author Topic: Rolemaster at the FG Con  (Read 3753 times)

Offline bennis1980

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster at the FG Con
« on: May 23, 2013, 05:37:07 PM »
Just going to put it out there that I'm running an RMC adventure at this year's FGcon: 

A Wedding at Axebridge (converted from HARP)

Saturday 1st June

16:00 UTC (17:00 GMT+1)

Ultimate licence, so if you wanted to try out Rolemaster on Fantasy Grounds for free that's no problem.

http://www.fg-con.com/events/

Offline mistrornge

• Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
Re: Rolemaster at the FG Con
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 08:13:22 AM »
I've purchased the program just have not spent the time to learn it.  It would be cool to join you though to see it in action.
GMing RMFRP in Forgotten Realms
Charles Morris

Offline bennis1980

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 08:31:06 AM »
The FG virtual Con was great fun last year. It was one of my first encounters with the software.

You are more than welcome. Dakadin has done a huge amount of work and it runs a game very smoothly (combat time cut in half, if not more, with the search for tables automated)

But as I said, purchase is not necessary as I have an Ultimate licence, so anyone who downloads the unregistered version (available at the Fantasy Grounds website) can join in the weekend, which has a lot on offer and is 100% free.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
 I would drop Terry Amathor a PM as he was thinking about using some sort of online tool for RPing.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline bennis1980

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 01:15:55 AM »
I've brought back "A Wedding at Axebridge" by 1.5hrs to the new time of 2:30pm.

There is also another Rolemaster game in the con:
http://www.fg-con.com/events/rolemaster-the-search-for-talewyn/

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 01:37:11 AM »
FG Con 4 is running 5/8-5/11.  I will be running a Rolemaster Classic event on 5/10 from 12pm to 5pm (UTC -7).  The details can be found here:  http://www.fg-con.com/events/infernal-mining/

It's a free opportunity to try out playing RMC using Fantasy Grounds.

Offline OTG-Wraith

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 04:36:02 PM »
Video of the above game can be found HERE.

Offline senoj

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
Thanks for running this, Dakadin.  It was really fun and the first time I have been able to play RM in years. 

Thanks for capturing, Wraith.  It will be great to go back and see how we became much more proficient throughout the night--at least I believe we did.

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 11:12:06 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I had a great time running it.

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 02:38:23 AM »
Here are some brief stats that I posted on the FG forums about the session I ran:

The party consisted of 5 PCs (2 fighters, ranger, rogue, and magician). We finished 5 combats in 4 1/2 hours.

There were 4 weapon fumbles. The unfortunate ranger had 3 of them with one of them occurring because he lost his "wind". I figured that indicated he passed gas and we played it that way . The other one broke one of the fighter's bows. If I remember correctly it was on his first shot with the bow during the boss fight.

The magician tried to speed up a sleep spell because things were looking bad and failed the spell which stunned him for 6 rounds. This made a TPK seem very likely. Fortunately the entire party survived and stopped the menace.

There were a few memorable criticals. There was a crushing head blow that killed an opponent, a piercing attack to the head that killed another opponent and one of the tougher NPCs got his leg cut off before dying 9 rounds later.

All in all it was a pretty typical Rolemaster session except I still marvel at how fast you can run combat using FG.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »
I did not know about this. It would have been pretty cool to participate.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Dakadin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »
I was pretty busy leading up to FG Con so I was one of the last people to post a game which didn't give much time to see it.  They try to run FG Con twice a year.  I think the next one is planned for sometime in November.  I will try to post a game sooner and if it fills up I can always try to do another one.  Hopefully I will see you then.

Also if you are just curious about playing RM using FG send me a private message and we can work out giving you a demo.  It works really well keeping things flowing once you get the hang of it.