Author Topic: AutoHarp 1.0  (Read 35127 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: AutoHarp 1.0
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2013, 04:53:41 PM »
Those BMR values in the races table for Harp Fantasy are indeed wrong. Thanks for pointing that one out.

As for the Adolescence ranks. There is currently no logic that would allow for you to list specific skills other than the whole list of languages. You can adjust the name shown so that it can list only the two languages the user should select, but there is currently no way to restrict the list shown.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »
I figured as much. I found a way around that by duplicating the cultures. I have a set of cultures that have a choice of native language, where the player has to pick on of three languages. I just copy-pasted those cultures to have a set for each language. Makes more cultures, but it works.

The BMR values appeared to be in meters instead of feet. I just changed the values to match the Harp BMR table.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »
Yeah.. the values were from Harp Sci-Fi. I've done the same update. I'm hoping to have version 1.0.2 available by the end of the week which will include this fix. Initial coding has been complete, and now I'm just testing it out. Lots of updates for version 1.0.2 including Martial Law which brings some new things to the table.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »
I'm almost finished customizing the database files to fit my setting. Hopefully it will still work with version 1.0.2.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »
What you are going to notice in this version is that all of the base files have disappeared (Combat.xml, Cultures.xml...) and a new file called Config.xml has appeared. Config.xml holds all the information that Combat.xml, Cultures.xml and so on held when it came to mapping files. This Config.xml also contains the same mapping information for any book you have installed (for example if you buy Martial Law and install it, those files will show up in this Config.xml). If you have created any new files and have remapped them, then you will want to go into Config.xml, find the original database path and make your changes there. You can even do this from the AutoHARP program as I have a front end for Config.xml.

Other changes include

DefensesFromCoreRules.xml includes a new ArmorPiece section that maps armor types to armor pieces. If you have any custom rules in this xml all you need to do is copy the ArmorPieces nodes found on the top of the file into your new file.

I think that is the only main database change for Harp Fantasy. I'll look up any more changes, but I think that was the biggest change. Oh and of course the BMR updates in the Races file.  ;)

So there is a major update to the database but it concerns the base files. From your past posts my guess is you have custom xml files and you just remapped them thus all remapping is done in the Config.xml file.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 07:12:14 AM »
That sound good. I haven't touched DefensesFromCoreRules yet. I don't use full sets of armor, only by the piece. I never noticed any place to select individual pieces in the defenses tab. I was wondering how that worked in autoHarp.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »
In the Defenses Tab there is a section in the upper right hand part where it lists armor by the piece. Click in the grid matrix to reveal a combo box and select the armor type for that piece.  ;)

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2013, 08:33:30 AM »
Monk, I got the following error when creating a new character. I occurred after I clicked next after distributing the adolescent and professional skill ranks:

../../src/msw/listctrl.cpp(847): assert"id>=0 && id>GetItemCount()" failed in SetItem(): invalid item index in SetItem

Any idea what could be the cause?

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2013, 08:53:02 AM »
Monk, I got the following error when creating a new character. I occurred after I clicked next after distributing the adolescent and professional skill ranks:

../../src/msw/listctrl.cpp(847): assert"id>=0 && id>GetItemCount()" failed in SetItem(): invalid item index in SetItem

Never mind that, I found it. Thanks to XML notepad.

In the Traits tab, the labels for height and weight are: Height (cm) and Weight (kg). You should remove the cm and kg.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »
Another question: Where do I add the Blazing Speed bonus to the BMR?

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »
Yeah, I'll change the (cm) labels this afternoon. That's an easy fix and it won't effect the version. As for the BMR I don't think there is a way to change it other than going into the character sheet itself with an editor and change the BMR manually. This enhancement won't make the 1.0.2 version but it will get included in 1.0.3.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »
Since I have to transcribe to another character sheet, the BMR thing doesn't stop me. Just have to remember that the talent is not taken into account in to BMR values given.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
I was going through the Combat tracker yesterday night testing out my Martial Law updates and noticed a few things I'm surprised haven't been reported yet. (mostly with the fumble tables) Don't be shy. Report those bugs. ;)

I'm almost done running through the initial tests, so an update by the end the week is most likely going to happen.   :working:

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
I haven't used the combat tracker yet. But I did find a minor issue:

Could not open a saved character, xml was malformed. Investigating, I found and "&" character within the description text of a talent. I replaced it with "and" and it resolved the issue.

All the & in the xml database have to be removed and replaced by "and".

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2013, 07:26:06 PM »
I created a character with a custom database and it worked, mostly.

First, BMR did not take into account the change in the height. Base height for the race (Halfling) was 32", BMR of 3'. Height was changed to 38", BMR of 4'. With a Quickness of 79, this should result in a BMR of 5'. It remained at 4'.

Second, Character is a Thief and when adding a level. I could develop any spell in any sphere instead of just Universal. Don't know is the is a bug or normal.

Third, is it possible to display the weight of items with 2 decimal places so that items weighing 0.25 don't show as 0.3?

This was a successful exercise.  ;D

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
I haven't used the combat tracker yet. But I did find a minor issue:

Could not open a saved character, xml was malformed. Investigating, I found and "&" character within the description text of a talent. I replaced it with "and" and it resolved the issue.

All the & in the xml database have to be removed and replaced by "and".

I have more on this issue. The problem is not in the database, but appears to in the program writing the file. My issue came with the talent Master Burglar. The description for that talent had the text "Locks & Traps" which cause the failure. The database entry is correctly formed as "Locks & Traps" but this did not get written to the character xml file correctly.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2013, 09:13:32 AM »
I have a little problem with the defenses. This comes from how I use armor by the piece. I have separated left and right locations, so I do not have only pauldrons, but I have left pauldron and right pauldron. In the case of rigid leather, each have a DB of 1.5, so if both are equipped the total is 3DB, just like standard Harp.

autoHarp appears to drops the decimal so the final DB is off. That would be fine if it only dropped it in the total, but unfortunately it drops it per item.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2013, 09:29:55 AM »
I ran into the ampersand issue as well and I have fixed it by just replacing all instances with "and". Maybe I'll look into encoding it later so that it gets written as "&" but right now I went for the quick solution. As for the BMR not taking adjustments on height. I'll write up a ticket on that and look into it. I don't remember seeing these adjustments in the database so I may not have anything on that at all.

Thief and spells: The program doesn't restrict the user "at all" when it comes to ranking spells. This is as designed and intended. I wanted the application to be open and customizable and not tie the hands of the user since many people have very different ways of gaming.

I can adjust the weight for items so they display in two decimal places.

I 'll write up a ticket for the customization of armor by the piece as well.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2013, 10:11:04 AM »
Thanks

I have found an issue with the lesser hybrids. The hybrid: lesser 1 field doesn't appear to get applied until hybrid: lesser 2 field is filled. the DP cost is then set only to -5 instead of -10.

Using the none value makes it work for a single lesser hybrid, but it doesn't work properly if you have 2.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2013, 12:58:02 PM »
Thanks

I have found an issue with the lesser hybrids. The hybrid: lesser 1 field doesn't appear to get applied until hybrid: lesser 2 field is filled. the DP cost is then set only to -5 instead of -10.

Using the none value makes it work for a single lesser hybrid, but it doesn't work properly if you have 2.

Oh... that would be my mistake. I didn't understand the rules when I wrote this up obviously. I thought you had to pick two races for a lesser hybrid and that you can pick up to two. So I will make sure that fix gets into this release. That's an important issue to get resolved.

Thanks for pointing that one out.