Author Topic: I'm sure I must be missing something obvious ... but ... where do I get this?  (Read 15374 times)

Offline bmarkham

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I have looked online (rpgnow, drivethrurpg) for Cyradon but can't seem to find it. 

I'm sure I must be missing something obvious but I'd appreciate someone pointing it out to me!  Clearly I didn't do well on my perception roll!

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Currently the Cyradon book is being revised to work better inline with the HARP Fantasy "enhanced" rules., which came out earlier this year. The old Cyradon book is currently not available. 
The publishing date is on hold as they have other products they are trying to get out first.

I got lucky and found my old Cyradon book. I wonder if they would offer the old book at a discounted price or even free to those who need now?

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Accurate

As for the old version, we won't be releasing the old version as it would require re-branding at least, and that would require pulling people off of other projects.

As for existing inventory, yes, we have some intended for promotional use.   
We're still working out the details for the new OIC push, so there may be some opportunities to get a copy soon.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline bmarkham

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Thank you!  And Bruce's answer reminded me to look at my version of the HARP manual which is ... 2003/2004 ... so I should upgrade my HARP and the latest and greatest HARP IS available in print.

I am really excited about what ICE has in the pipeline -- unified rolemaster, etc.  I've been a huge fan of ICE since the late 1980s. 

:-)

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Glad to hear it....
We hope to prove worthy of your excitement.  Feel free to let us know what kind of products you are looking for.

Offline Davrem

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I've read the thread above and note that the Cyradon books were on hold 2 years ago...safe to assume this is still the case?  I purchased all the Shadow World stuff and then realized I needed to convert it...I'm hoping that there may be something for new-to-HARP gamers that's got some maps and "ready to go" adventures to start us off.  Any thoughts?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I would assume that ICE is trying to get RMU Beta 2 play-testing done and then they can duel rules the Cyradon setting for Updated HARP and RMU.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Cyradon update requires Bestiary release first. It's getting closer, so hopefully once that pre-requisite is out of the way, the pipeline can flow smoothly again and HARP releases start getting back on track.

Offline Davrem

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Glad to hear it! I`ve managed to get some used copies of the 2004 Cyradon stuff that I`m using with the updated HARP books.  It`ll have to do until the new stuff is released.  Thanks guys!

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
So once the updated Cyradon book and the Bestiary are out what exactly would one need to buy to run with HARP in its native setting?
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: I'm sure I must be missing something obvious ... but ... where do I get this?
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:22 PM »
In order to run a HARP campaign you only require the HARP Fantasy book.
If you want a campaign setting, the formally released HARP setting is Cyradon.
I definitely recommend the other HARP books that are (or will be) available as there basically a handful with none being overly expensive and all containing quality expansion material to get more out of the rules - but as a bare minimum you need only HARP and Cyradon. While I may refer to all of the HARP materials I have the two most used are definitely HARP and College of Magics.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
Re: I'm sure I must be missing something obvious ... but ... where do I get this?
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 02:00:02 AM »
I think I have found my Christmas present to myself them.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline assur

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I just bought the new harp core ruleboks frome drivethrurpg and I need a setting! I hope it'll be released soon.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I'm lucky enough to have the original Cyradon corebook. All I'm missing is the bestiary and I'll be all set to get a campaign going. :)

Offline johngarland

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Stupid question, the last post on here was 2015. Can someone post a link to where you can buy the Cyradon setting. I've tried searching on RPGNow but can't see it. thanks.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Stupid question, the last post on here was 2015. Can someone post a link to where you can buy the Cyradon setting. I've tried searching on RPGNow but can't see it. thanks.

I don't think you are missing it. I only see mentions in Folkways and Wedding at Axebridge ...
https://www.rpgnow.com/browse.php?keywords=cyradon&manufacturers_id=461&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

The setting guide has not been updated as far as I know and will not be available until it is updated to revised stats...  :-(
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
I have made some updates to the text and Colin is now vigorously pursuing the next wave of changes.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
I have made some updates to the text and Colin is now vigorously pursuing the next wave of changes.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Wooooot!!
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

Offline johngarland

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Thanks to all for your thoughtful replies. Cyradon looks super so I'll buy as soon as it becomes available. I'm just about to run my first game this week in my own setting. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.