Author Topic: AutoHarp 2.0 Fantasy issue with Cleric Favored Category  (Read 2405 times)

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
AutoHarp 2.0 Fantasy issue with Cleric Favored Category
« on: March 08, 2016, 12:15:06 PM »
I'm unable to select a category that is already favored (in my case this was the General category), but for instance I can select the same category twice. We should be able to select any category, even if it is already favored. There's no problem with selecting the same category twice.

There is no workaround for this issue.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Re: AutoHarp 2.0 Fantasy issue with Cleric Favored Category
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 06:02:13 PM »
I need help in understanding this issue. Why do you want to select the same category twice for a favored category? Once will set it to 2. Twice will do nothing, just set what is already cost 2 to 2.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »
You would select a category more than once if it made sense in the representation of the deity. For instance, you could select Mystical Arts because you're making a cleric of the god of magic. For a god of healing, I select the General category again because Healing and Herbcraft are part of the category and are also an important part of the skill base of the cleric. Similar thing with a cleric of a god of knowledge.

Each selection adds 3 ranks to that category. There should be no limit in what these two selections are.

I stumbled onto this because the example I was trying to do from Friends and Rivals had the General category in its selections.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »
So you are separating the profession bonus ranks between two different "roles" of how the profession wants to rank the skills for that category. Sounds like I should have thought of that. I'll look into making that happen then.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 07:27:05 AM »
So you are separating the profession bonus ranks between two different "roles" of how the profession wants to rank the skills for that category. Sounds like I should have thought of that. I'll look into making that happen then.

I'm not sure what you mean by "separating the profession bonus ranks". Essentially, I just add the 3 ranks to the existing number. For Autoharp, I wouldn't change the existing logic, just simply allow any category to be selected.