Author Topic: Professions & Training Packages in ERA for Rolemaster RMFRP Core and Character?  (Read 2941 times)

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Does ERA for Rolemaster RMFRP Core and Character Law include ALL the Races, Professions and Training Packages in ALL the RMFRP Companions (Also including the RMSS Companions that weren't reprinted for RMFRP like the Essence, Arcane, Martial Arts Companion etc) or is it just the Core RMFRP and Character Law books?

And the same question about Spell Lists on the ERA RMFRP Spell Law item, does that product include all the Companions Spell Lists?

Thanks. :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA for Rolemaster RMFRP Core and Character Law includes specifically the Professions, Cultures, Races and Background Option descriptions presented in RMFRP Character Law.
Once the Training Package feature is implemented, all Training Packages will be included as well, and those who have already purchased the package will be able to re-download and get them.

ERA RMFRP Spell Law includes specifically the Spell Lists, Attack tables and Critical tables presented in Of Channeling, Of Essence and Of Mentalism.

It is my intention to eventually add packages for all the different companions, BUT I can only offer those that are still for sale. Due to copyright restrictions, I can't offer discontinued material.

This doesn't mean that you can't manually edit the XML configuration files in ERA (help is available on the advanced customization thread) and add all the Professions, Spell Lists, etc. from older products. My current group uses a lot of mixed content from RMC and RMFRP companions in this way.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
Once the Training Package feature is implemented, all Training Packages will be included as well, and those who have already purchased the package will be able to re-download and get them.

ERA RMFRP Spell Law includes specifically the Spell Lists, Attack tables and Critical tables presented in Of Channeling, Of Essence and Of Mentalism.

It is my intention to eventually add packages for all the different companions, BUT I can only offer those that are still for sale. Due to copyright restrictions, I can't offer discontinued material.

This doesn't mean that you can't manually edit the XML configuration files in ERA (help is available on the advanced customization thread) and add all the Professions, Spell Lists, etc. from older products. My current group uses a lot of mixed content from RMC and RMFRP companions in this way.

Ah, the Training Packages feature isn't ready yet. :( How soon do you think it'll be?

And when you 'eventually add packages for all the different companions', will this be a separate purchase or included in the ERA Character Law? Will this include the extra Professions from the still licensed books as well?

Are the skills from the SoHK included or will that be a future purchase? (and will the specific Static Manoeuvre Tables from the SoHK be used or just the generic RMFRP Static table?)

I did a quick check on the RPGNow site and I was pleased to see the Mentalism, Fire & Ice, Construct Companion from RMFRP and the Essence, Channeling, Arcane Companions from RMSS are still available - will the Professions and Training Packages from them be updates or extra purchases? Unfortunately, the Martial Arts Companion was absent so I'll have to add those if anyone in the party will need them and it will be the generic MA Ranks 1-4 OB's. :(

The Product Descriptions and your reply didn't specifically mention the extra professions in the '...of Channelling/Mentalism/Essence' so I just wanted to confirm that they are included.

From your YouTube videos, it looks like you're using the Combat Companion's 'armour by the piece' system instead of the generic AT's - is that only available for the RMC version? Although it was a RMC Companion, that particular chapter was also compatible with RMFRP.

I have all the RMFRP books (and the RMSS books that weren't rebranded for RMFRP) and will be starting a campaign in the next few months and just wanted to know which Professions and Training Packages I need to withhold from the players.

Thanks. :)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Ah, the Training Packages feature isn't ready yet. :( How soon do you think it'll be?
The current version has a "Buy TP" button, but it only asks for a name an cost, to reduce the remaining DPs during level up and adds the Name to a "TPs Purchased" Section. You have to manually assign the ranks.
The best way to accelerate the coming of the improved TP feature is to vote on the poll if you haven't already.
In any case, I have several commitments that won't allow me to release a new version (except of course in case critical bugs are detected) until the end of May.

And when you 'eventually add packages for all the different companions', will this be a separate purchase or included in the ERA Character Law? Will this include the extra Professions from the still licensed books as well?
As stated in the poll, once the feature is added to the product, I intend to gradually add that information to all the packages that have TPs. The upgrade is always "free", since you just re-download the new version for all packaged previously purchased.

Are the skills from the SoHK included or will that be a future purchase? (and will the specific Static Manoeuvre Tables from the SoHK be used or just the generic RMFRP Static table?)
I think all the skills and maneuver tables from SoHK are already included in the RMFRP Character Law package. So that leaves an open question. What will we offer to those who want SoHK professions (and eventually TPs)?

I did a quick check on the RPGNow site and I was pleased to see the Mentalism, Fire & Ice, Construct Companion from RMFRP and the Essence, Channeling, Arcane Companions from RMSS are still available - will the Professions and Training Packages from them be updates or extra purchases? Unfortunately, the Martial Arts Companion was absent so I'll have to add those if anyone in the party will need them and it will be the generic MA Ranks 1-4 OB's. :(
When each package is released you get all the content of the book, for all the stuff supported in ERA. I tried to detail all of that in the package poll.
Hey, don't worry about martial arts that much. All the skills in the Martial Arts Companion are already included in the free base product.
You will only be missing the spell lists, professions, training packages, background options, attack tables and criticals. Come to think of it, that's a lot of content lost! Is there no way to release a booklet with the old rules, so that I can then offer them in ERA?

The Product Descriptions and your reply didn't specifically mention the extra professions in the '...of Channelling/Mentalism/Essence' so I just wanted to confirm that they are included.
The Spell Law package does not include any profession. All of the professions in Spell Law are included in the Character Law package.

From your YouTube videos, it looks like you're using the Combat Companion's 'armour by the piece' system instead of the generic AT's - is that only available for the RMC version? Although it was a RMC Companion, that particular chapter was also compatible with RMFRP.
The videos showing Combat Companion content are older footage using my group's ruleset. I have coded it for us, but I can't offer it for sale because ICE is not offering the book anymore.

I have all the RMFRP books (and the RMSS books that weren't rebranded for RMFRP) and will be starting a campaign in the next few months and just wanted to know which Professions and Training Packages I need to withhold from the players.
If you are willing to dirty your hands and edit the XML files, no profession is off-limits. The same goes for spell lists, attack tables, etc. If you have the books, and head over to the advanced customization thread, we can help you get everything you need into the application.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
The best way to accelerate the coming of the improved TP feature is to vote on the poll if you haven't already.
In any case, I have several commitments that won't allow me to release a new version (except of course in case critical bugs are detected) until the end of May.

Just voted now. :P
Take all the time you need on the TPs. :D

The videos showing Combat Companion content are older footage using my group's ruleset. I have coded it for us, but I can't offer it for sale because ICE is not offering the book anymore.

Well that is a shame - I got very excited for a bit.  :o

If you are willing to dirty your hands and edit the XML files, no profession is off-limits.

I can certainly give it a whirl!  ;D