Author Topic: Level of FG to mod rules?  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
Level of FG to mod rules?
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »
What level of membership/ownership does it take to modify the rules? I'm guessing it takes the full level.
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Asterionaisien

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Level of FG to mod rules?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:47:21 AM »
If you mean to be able to create a .mod file , you just need a standard license.  If you want to create a brand new ruleset, you need knowledge of LUA programming language and a standard license. The ultimate license just mean you arent limited in how many free players connect, not anything else.
If you need other details, feel free to ask :)

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 03:16:00 PM »
PS:
Welcome and success to you!

Offline Asterionaisien

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
I forgot to add in my previous post that now is possible to create rulesets or modules indipendently from anything else, due to the fact fantasy grounds has a framework called CoreRpg. Many of the latest additions to FG rulesets are built only on CoreRpg, but my guess is one still need some programming knowledge..
Thus said, I just bought RMC rulestes, and it seems pretty efficient, so my guess the best way should be to start from there:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?66-CoreRPG-(Generic-Ruleset)-And-Other-Game-Systems
Fantasy Ground community is pretty friendly and helpful, so ask and I'm sure someone will help you... (I'd like a Harp ruleset pretty much, you noticed,huh?:D)

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »
I am a programmer professionally, though not in LUA or anything modern even actually  :)  But I am familiar with the big boys(Java, C++). I am considering getting a head start on the RMU ruleset.
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Asterionaisien

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »
Good  luck to your project then!

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »
If you mean to be able to create a .mod file , you just need a standard license.  If you want to create a brand new ruleset, you need knowledge of LUA programming language and a standard license. The ultimate license just mean you arent limited in how many free players connect, not anything else.

Really? It's not clear on their website (in fact, I can't find a comparison of features at all). Good to know; I wish I'd known whilst the sale was on. The standard should be fine for what I want then.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Asterionaisien

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 11:18:54 AM »
If you want to be absolutely sure, you could just post in the forums and/or send a email to their support. It takes 5 minutes and you will get an official answer :)