Author Topic: bug report  (Read 2458 times)

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
bug report
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:09:42 PM »
Ok, maybe a bit of a small list of things I am coming across.

This one is a bit irritating because we talked about it and you should implement the rules correctly. Your use of 'default' in weapons is incorrect. When characters buy weapon skills, they buy them in categories. Within each category, they pick a specific weapon to be the 'default'. All other weapons in the same category are at -10. This is clear under the rules for weapon skills. You are using it as a print option and not enforcing this rule at all. This must be fixed because it will give an incorrect OB for any non-default weapon.

The 'items' database is not populating for me. It is also not saving any item I manually enter.

On adding skill ranks for weapons, the OB is updating on the OB/DB tab, but the skill ranks are not.

It doesn't seem to be picking up my main gauche DB as shield.

Printing does seem to show PPs.

More to come.....

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: bug report
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
I am looking at an NPC I generated randomly, and the skill bonuses are not calculating correctly at all.

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 01:08:20 AM »
Or maybe it is applying the armor malus on the skills page, is that true? It isn't noted anywhere but seems to account for the difference. It might be good to list the total bonus on the skills page and then the bonus with armor impact on the OB/DB tab. It isn't really clear what is going on there.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
Is it applying the armor penalty for the skills. The print page SHOULD show both. I don't have it in the main app, however I believe you can turn it off by going to the armor tab and just removing the armor with the check box.

I will look into the other issues accordingly.

Side note: I personally was a bit concerned with the armor penalty being automatically in there, but a few people asked for it so therefore I but it in there. I'm looking into ways to make it easier to understand without cluttering up the UI as 2.3 is an attempt to "clean up" things.

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »
That sounds great. I think maybe on the skills page show the unmodified score, but on the OB/DB page show modified. That would maybe make it a bit more clear. Ditto with the printed char sheet, or at least show the adjustment in the list of modifiers. It wasn't obvious to me how the number was derived when I saw it on the skills list.

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »
But don't forget the default thing, it is a problem  ;)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 08:00:47 PM »
Ok, maybe a bit of a small list of things I am coming across.

This one is a bit irritating because we talked about it and you should implement the rules correctly. Your use of 'default' in weapons is incorrect. When characters buy weapon skills, they buy them in categories. Within each category, they pick a specific weapon to be the 'default'. All other weapons in the same category are at -10. This is clear under the rules for weapon skills. You are using it as a print option and not enforcing this rule at all. This must be fixed because it will give an incorrect OB for any non-default weapon.

The 'items' database is not populating for me. It is also not saving any item I manually enter.

On adding skill ranks for weapons, the OB is updating on the OB/DB tab, but the skill ranks are not.

It doesn't seem to be picking up my main gauche DB as shield.

Printing does seem to show PPs.

More to come.....

Okay... I do believe I have tackled all of the issues we believe to be there. The Skills page now has an Adjusted Total and a non adjusted total. The weapons will now adjust when you select a default weapon. Only the weapons in that category will get effected. Main Gauche and Sai will now show up in your shield DB on armor. I will now tackle any others I see written down.

Offline traveller771

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 11:53:30 PM »
got many CTD with the software.  where can i have support?

Offline traveller771

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »
i got multiple CTD particularly when using the cyberware tab and cant start combat in the combat tracker(button unresponsive)  would need some info for the installation (i have autoharp with HARP SF database with xtreme and fantasy database), i have look at all the tutorial and find nothing.
not sure what info you need sorry.