Author Topic: Common Abbreviations for Rolemaster Products  (Read 35630 times)

Offline kedrake

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Land of Osmar
Re: Common Abbreviations for Rolemaster Products
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »
My respect and admiration.

Here's a hint, the first work in the second one is AND...
If there is a turd in the punch bowl, adding more punch isn't going to help.

http://home.comcast.net/~kerrydrake/HARP

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »
I'll play your game you rogue!

What is "and a ten foot pole"

how do you like that Trabek?
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline croakerdogboy

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Software Developer/Writer/ Indentured Servant
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »
Duh. Rewrite. Didn't see the above.
It is the fundamental theory of all the more recent American law...that the average citizen is half-witted, and hence not to be trusted to either his own devices or his own thoughts.

H.L. Mencken

Offline kedrake

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Land of Osmar
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 07:32:22 AM »
We have a new Jepoardy Champion!
If there is a turd in the punch bowl, adding more punch isn't going to help.

http://home.comcast.net/~kerrydrake/HARP

Offline Langthorne

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Interrogator: "Do you know who we are?!"
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »
UR - Underground Races? (one of my favorite RMSS books)
:flame:

giulio.trimarco

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
What is CCG?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 05:15:10 PM »
What is CCG?

Usually stands for Collectible Card Game -- something that the current ICE does not currently sell.

giulio.trimarco

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 07:31:55 AM »
I've read "CCG" in a post here, somewhere, and I've thinked was something related to ICE, like a Character Generator.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Offline Shottglazz

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Our Rolemaster Group
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »
ARP = At Rapiers Point
WLF = Weapon Law: Firearms

C&TI-III = Creatures & Treasures I-III

Or were these already covered?
Shottglazz

Take my love, take my land, Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free - you can't take the sky from me.

Offline Lynx

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 08:57:42 PM »
Why is the word "abbreviation" so long?

Offline Zedul

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »
So here is the question.

With the new regime what exactly is going to be produced?

Are we going back to the RM or RM2 system, and is this what is referred to as RMC?  If this is the case I am beyond happy... to be able to buy a new Companion III or Companion II would just rock my world!

Offline Kristen Mork

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +70/-70
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 06:28:44 AM »
Why is the word "abbreviation" so long?

So that we appreciate abbr.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 08:47:11 AM »
So here is the question.

Are we going back to the RM or RM2 system, and is this what is referred to as RMC?  If this is the case I am beyond happy... to be able to buy a new Companion III or Companion II would just rock my world!

AFAIK, both RMSS/FRP and RM2/C are going to be supported by the N-ICE.

As to the RM2 Companions "the Company" ICE past and present have been trying to get a hold of the various authors so that they can reprint the material. It has been a difficult job IIRC and they are still trying to find some authors and just because they can find some authors or all authors for the book it does not mean that they will reprint the book. IE cost vs profit.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Zedul

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
So here is the question.

AFAIK, both RMSS/FRP and RM2/C are going to be supported by the N-ICE.

As to the RM2 Companions "the Company" ICE past and present have been trying to get a hold of the various authors so that they can reprint the material. It has been a difficult job IIRC and they are still trying to find some authors and just because they can find some authors or all authors for the book it does not mean that they will reprint the book. IE cost vs profit.
MDC

Coleman Charlton should be easy enough to find, as would Amthor, but I fear some of the authors may be more difficult.  I remember a fellow named Monte I met at a gaming convention years ago who was writing material for ICE and he did not look well.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 03:05:15 AM »
So here is the question.

At this point, we are trying to get back as many products as possible from both RM2 and RMSS/FRP. 2 RMFRP products are waiting to be uploaded into OBS by me, the three volumes of RMFRP Spell Law are currently being rebranded, and there are more ready to be fed into the rebranding pipeline.

Subject to finding the authors and reaching a mutually acceptable agreement, older products will return either in whole or in parts.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Belgerond

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2016, 12:08:58 AM »
Can someone summarize the new Rolemaster project ( RMU ) ?
What is the most important change in relation to the RMSS & RMFRP ?
When release date ?
What has inspired to do one more of new Edition ?
 ;D
22 Years of Rolemaster or MERP as GM.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2016, 11:19:39 AM »
You can read about it for yourself in the beta forums...

Relative to RMSS/RMFRP, the skill system is much simplified. Skills are organized into categories but you only purchase skills (not categories), and all skills have the same progression. There are also fewer of them. There are rules for using similar skills which give some of the same benefit as RMSS's categories. Professional bonuses are mostly per level rather than up-front. Moving maneuvers and resistance rolls are streamlined. The number of armor types has been reduced to 10 (not 20) but there are new rules for partial armor and called shots which allow treatment of more combinations. The assumption that heavier armor makes it harder to dodge has been removed from the tables so that armor is clearly advantageous (not always true in RMSS). Combat rounds have been shortened to 5 seconds (which among other things makes movement during combat a little more tactical).

The rules also include systems for creating your own races, cultures, and professions.

The changes in Spell Law are not dramatic, although there are changes to some spells reflecting how the combat round has changed (e.g. haste). Also, healing spells now work in the framework of the recovery rules (i.e. they give a substantial bonus on the recovery roll and may also reduce the result by a significant factor, rather than being entirely separate). One notable change is that there are no blanks in the spell lists -- every spell list has a spell at every level.

The release date is "when it's ready." Arms and Character Law will be first, it is moving towards a final draft now which will inform work on the other books. I cannot guess how long this will actually take. It will also need layout and art of course. Spell Law will be next, it probably needs less work than A&CL did to get to the finish line (e.g. because we did some big organizational rearranging in A&CL, which is not needed in SL). Creature Law and Treasure Law have only been through one open beta draft (whereas the others have been through two) and will need some adjustment based on what happens in A&CL, so they will take longer.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2016, 11:40:05 AM »
The assumption that heavier armor makes it harder to dodge has been removed from the tables so that armor is clearly advantageous (not always true in RMSS).

The change here is true for both RM2/RMc and RMSS/RMFRP...

but it is More that they Removed the Double Penalty rule, Since you were getting Penalized for Wearing the Armor. But the Armor Types Already HAD a Built In Penalty for wearing them In the tables in that you were More likely to be Hit wearing armor than Not. Yes, you had a smaller chance of being critted... But More Likelihood of Just being pummeled to death, since, especially with higher AT types, you Could almost never Not be hit and take concussion damage, Even if you parried a lot and carried a shield.
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline Belgerond

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2016, 12:56:43 PM »
You can read about it for yourself in the beta forums...

Relative to RMSS/RMFRP, the skill system is much simplified. Skills are organized into categories but you only purchase skills (not categories), and all skills have the same progression. There are also fewer of them. There are rules for using similar skills which give some of the same benefit as RMSS's categories. Professional bonuses are mostly per level rather than up-front. Moving maneuvers and resistance rolls are streamlined. The number of armor types has been reduced to 10 (not 20) but there are new rules for partial armor and called shots which allow treatment of more combinations. The assumption that heavier armor makes it harder to dodge has been removed from the tables so that armor is clearly advantageous (not always true in RMSS). Combat rounds have been shortened to 5 seconds (which among other things makes movement during combat a little more tactical).

The rules also include systems for creating your own races, cultures, and professions.

The changes in Spell Law are not dramatic, although there are changes to some spells reflecting how the combat round has changed (e.g. haste). Also, healing spells now work in the framework of the recovery rules (i.e. they give a substantial bonus on the recovery roll and may also reduce the result by a significant factor, rather than being entirely separate). One notable change is that there are no blanks in the spell lists -- every spell list has a spell at every level.

The release date is "when it's ready." Arms and Character Law will be first, it is moving towards a final draft now which will inform work on the other books. I cannot guess how long this will actually take. It will also need layout and art of course. Spell Law will be next, it probably needs less work than A&CL did to get to the finish line (e.g. because we did some big organizational rearranging in A&CL, which is not needed in SL). Creature Law and Treasure Law have only been through one open beta draft (whereas the others have been through two) and will need some adjustment based on what happens in A&CL, so they will take longer.

Thanks for answer! Sounds good! I will read more about RMU. And i can tell you for sure at i will buy every book when time comes.
22 Years of Rolemaster or MERP as GM.

Offline Mat martigan

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »
Role master express ! It is a good version of the game ? I hear that is a simple one, for beginner. But i can't find it. Why ?