Author Topic: Any news?  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
Any news?
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:22:30 AM »
Hi.

Just want to ask what is about the Echoes of Heaven products? Can we expect something new this year?  ???

I hope so. :)
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Any news?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:49:44 AM »
Juergen just pointed out that I missed this post.

Echoes is my #1 priority.  The scope of book five and the conversions for each of the systems made it a very difficult product.  I still have to to the HARP version and polish the others.  Then I have a LOT of map work to do.

Right now, though, I'm also trying to figure out how to save the company, pure and simple.  We aren't 100% sure of the details, but it looks like Diamond just made a policy change that seems to have invalidated my entire business plan.  So now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way out of this project with a standing company.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline bottg

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Arion Games
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:21:59 AM »
Right now, though, I'm also trying to figure out how to save the company, pure and simple.  We aren't 100% sure of the details, but it looks like Diamond just made a policy change that seems to have invalidated my entire business plan.  So now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way out of this project with a standing company.

Fingers crossed.  I am running EoH as a campaign, and the players love it.  Please keep us updated, as i love the products and would hate to see the company fall.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:15 AM »
Defendi,
 Can you elaborate on the change or provide a link to read about it?
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 12:09:10 PM »

Fingers crossed. Like bottg I am running the EoH campaign, too. We will start the 4th full adventure soon. We love it, too! I really hoping to buy the complete EoH campaign.

Echoes is my #1 priority.  The scope of book five and the conversions for each of the systems made it a very difficult product.  I still have to to the HARP version and polish the others.  Then I have a LOT of map work to do.

Good to hear that Echoes is so high on your list.  ;D

Juergen just pointed out that I missed this post.

Thanks to Juergen.  :)
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »
I was told that Diamond has instituted some new policy of a minimum order.  I don't have a context for the numbers I've heard, but I think it boils down to if you move less than x product, they won't carry you anymore.  I asked alliance about it, but just a few minutes ago, so I haven't had a reply, of course.  :)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »
Defindi;
 Yes things like that can really hurt small bus. types. If it comes to be I hope that is is a very low number so as to keep a vibrant small bus. community in $.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »
Defindi;
 Yes things like that can really hurt small bus. types. If it comes to be I hope that is is a very low number so as to keep a vibrant small bus. community in $.
MDC

Yes, a low number would be good.

I would be sad, if I can't get more EoH products.  :'(
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 04:17:36 AM »
I assume its only an issue for a printed version? Can always make it an exclusive PDF release :) I bought all my EoH copies as PDFs and I am quite happy with em.
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »
I assume its only an issue for a printed version? Can always make it an exclusive PDF release :) I bought all my EoH copies as PDFs and I am quite happy with em.

I'm happy with all the EoH pdf that I have bought and also with book I ordered through lulu.com.  :)
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 08:42:29 PM »
Right now things are still going forward, I just have to figure out a way to make the company profitable.  It's great you guys like the PDFs, but there's not a whole lot of business there.  :)  Still, I haven't given up.  If you watched the dev journal the last couple weeks you can see I'm still working on 5.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 03:06:17 AM »
At the moment most people I tried to convince to buy the campaign told me that they are not interested in buying an unfinished series and seeing that within 3 years (is this correct?) only 4 parts were released further discourage them. I already heard some "wise guy" telling me: "You see, I told you before!".  >:(

You know, there are currently a lot of canceled series (not only on TV) and people are afraid of buying something where they are not sure they will see its ending. There are also thousands of fantasy worlds and settings out there, but yours has this great campaign to spice it up, so I would really suggest to finish it first and then, with some ads for a huge finished 10 part campaign, selling (and reselling) it in different packages.

However keep in mind that I'm a fan boy not a business man...   ;D

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »
At the moment most people I tried to convince to buy the campaign told me that they are not interested in buying an unfinished series and seeing that within 3 years (is this correct?) only 4 parts were released further discourage them. I already heard some "wise guy" telling me: "You see, I told you before!".  >:(

It is good that there are people like us, who buy the first book of a series. Without there weren't even one series.

I'm proud that I found the Echoes of Heaven campaign setting and getting all four books so far.

And have big hope for the rest of the campaign.

[...] that within 3 years (is this correct?) only 4 parts were released [...]

Only  ??? ??? ???
www.clubbulls.com

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 04:27:12 AM »
Just to clearify... I LOVE the setting, the campaign and the short stories. They are not only great but just what I was looking for. I NEVER talked about quality here, which is far above standards. I also know that it takes time for one person to write this. But please try to explain somebody who wants to know the end before he starts a game (and don't tell me that this is not common) that he has to wait a further 5 years until the campaign is finished ;)

Anyway, I started my campaign a few weeks after product 1 was released and I still play in Belkanath and I will continue doing so and at the moment I'm pretty confident that it continues.
Product 5 is on the workbench again and as I heard contains the next Guild Adventurer an adventure between product 5 and 6.  ;D

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 06:32:34 AM »
Just to clearify... I LOVE the setting, the campaign and the short stories. They are not only great but just what I was looking for. I NEVER talked about quality here, which is far above standards. I also know that it takes time for one person to write this. But please try to explain somebody who wants to know the end before he starts a game (and don't tell me that this is not common) that he has to wait a further 5 years until the campaign is finished ;)

It is difficult to explain this to someone who wants to know the ending right from the beginning.

Anyway, I started my campaign a few weeks after product 1 was released and I still play in Belkanath and I will continue doing so and at the moment I'm pretty confident that it continues.
Product 5 is on the workbench again and as I heard contains the next Guild Adventurer an adventure between product 5 and 6.  ;D

I really hope that it continues.  :)
www.clubbulls.com

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 02:41:47 AM »
So WoeRie let me understand.. are you telling me that your players for example doesn't watch a new TV series cause it can be blocked? so tell them (for example) to stop watch Heroes, or Frindge  ;)

do they wait for the series ending and the publishing of all the DVD boxes to start watching it? this is not meant to be a flame but i agree with Xamex "It is good that there are people like us, who buy the first book of a series. Without there weren't even one series."

they should try it and maybe if the things goes slow someone can create something new in the setting  :) an adventure or campaign, even not using the "ready to run" ones

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »
So WoeRie let me understand.. are you telling me that your players for example doesn't watch a new TV series cause it can be blocked? so tell them (for example) to stop watch Heroes, or Frindge  ;)
My players are only playing what I present them, I talked about two other GMs I know.

do they wait for the series ending and the publishing of all the DVD boxes to start watching it? this is not meant to be a flame but i agree with Xamex "It is good that there are people like us, who buy the first book of a series. Without there weren't even one series."
So did I and I was even the first one who bought it  ;D

they should try it and maybe if the things goes slow someone can create something new in the setting  :) an adventure or campaign, even not using the "ready to run" ones
Of course, but then you don't need any new comercial products anymore, so I doubt this would increase sales.

Strange, I wanted to help, to give a possible idea how to improve the situation of the company, but this went wrong and seemed to be totally misunderstood  :'( There is a german saying that you shouldn't give an advice if you weren't asked for help. I think I just walked into this trap. Sorry for that!

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »
I know who buys my products.  :)

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 05:11:26 AM »
Any news for In His Name—The Last Hallowed Place?  ???

Is it possible that we see this in 2009? I would be really happy.  ;D Perhaps for christmas.  :santa:
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 03:05:28 AM »
It's very possible.  See the dev journal.  I hope to post on the blog this weekend as well.