Author Topic: Rolemaster Classic Ruleset Now For Sale!  (Read 11569 times)

Offline Foen

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster Classic Ruleset Now For Sale!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:48 PM »
Lets say I just want the program with RMC for running my sessions as a GM in a RL tabletop manner. Instead of bringing all my books n notes I just bring my laptop (loaded with this software), can I use it in that manner OR do I need to be connected to the internet for it to work?

The FG software doesn't require you to be connected to the internet to run it, so is quite handy for RL face-to-face games.

As regards electronic vs hard copy: it is mostly a matter of personal preference rather than need.  I happen to like hard copy, even though I also have PDF and FG versions and most of my players only want FG versions.  Just call me odd.

StuartW

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »
Now that the RM:C rules have been done for Fantasy Grounds, would it be the same amount of work on top of what's already been done to make an RMFRP ruleset or would it be a lot quicker as most of the ground work is already there now?

The reason I ask is because I use RMFRP (what a shock from my first para) and have built up my collection to include ALL the books (very expensive) and have spent a great deal of time getting all those rules into my head so switching over to the RM:C rules is not an option I wish to take.

BUT... The ease of using a utility like this would save an enormous amount of time in keeping track of combat and, for the price (compared to what I've already invested in RMFRP), is worth buying it and seeing how easy it would be to edit it to suit my needs.

I also use the Combat Companion with the ARs and new weapon tables and as it's primarily a RM:C book, I was surprised that it wasn't available with the RM:C ruleset. Is there a way to add on info from future books to the RM:C ruleset (like expansion packs containing optional rules) or would it mean a re-write of the RM:C ruleset as a whole?

On the subject of other rulesets, is there anything planed for Spacemaster?   ;)

On another note, character creation is something that needs doing but I've managed to finish those that fairly quickly for my party's characters. It's the combat tracking that would make this a 'must buy' for me. Is there a way to create 'combat only' rulesets (which may take a lot less time to develop) or is it a case of Fantasy Grounds needing ALL info programmed into the ruleset not just the combat rules?

:)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »
craggles, as Foen said things can get harder the more  in depth you want to go.   Unfortunately CC is one of those things which makes significant changes to the combat tables and rules and as such would require some reworking....not to mention data entry of all the new tables.

However, without the Combat Companion this ruleset is usable virtually as-is for RMFRP, with a few adjustments here and there.  

One thing I should note is that the RMC ruleset doesn't actually do character creation/development....so you can actually just enter in you character regardless of the RM flavor or house rules you use.  The only thing that may require some adjustment is the difference between stat bonuses but this can be compensated for easily by using the Misc Modifier column so that the total bonus comes out to be correct which is really all that matters in the end.

The combat part of the ruleset was really the most intensive part of the ruleset and would require substantial amount of time to change it...though not as much as the original development of course.

Offline bottg

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Arion Games
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 01:39:55 AM »
Although a lot of the CC stuff would require significant coding (arbour by the piece, combat styles etc), adding in the new professions and spell lists should be fairly simple.   Has anyone tried this yet?

Offline Veldehar

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 03:43:18 PM »
So far I have eliminated the Illusionist and added my own world specific Shadow Mage, which allowed me to simply use the Illusionist template.  I've also used that same tactic to blend 2 spell lists in order to make room for a completely new one, without going beyond 6 Base lists for the profession.  Mind you, I know little to nothing about coding, so I dip my toes rather than jump in!  My impression is that new/additional spell lists would be relatively easy.  Professions would take more work, as they are referenced in more places throughout the code.  That being said, I don't see why even a neophyte such as myself wouldn't be able to add professions on top of the existing ones if the need presents itself. 

Veldehar Snow-Elven

Offline gandalf970

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 07:55:53 AM »
Is anyone playing this?  I would love to get back into RM, but my group is currently laughing our way through a Hackmaster campaign and having way too much fun.