Author Topic: New Owner of Fantasy Grounds  (Read 6567 times)

Offline yondar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
New Owner of Fantasy Grounds
« on: November 13, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »
Is the new ownership going to make it less likely or more likely of the rolemaster ruleset being updated?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: New Owner of Fantasy Grounds
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »
You'll have to ask him that. As far as I know, nothing is changed on our end of things.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »
Is the new ownership going to make it less likely or more likely of the rolemaster ruleset being updated?

What udpate is required?
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:19 PM »
What udpate is required?

1) It is software, updates are always required... hehe  ;D

2) Basically, there are actually a number of updates to be made as some of the core FGII features are not supported by the current ruleset (such as coding some of the hooks needed to allow for options to be added). And the plan (before this sale) was to eventually make the RMC ruleset more flexible in other ways as well (i.e. to eventually allow some options that currently are not supported even if the hooks were implemented, such as the ability to use/include optional armor rules/combat tables).

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:05:26 PM by Rasyr »

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »
I assumed that basic software upgrade aspects would be handled by FG - though that would be system updates and not ruleset updates (unless one forced the other, in which case FG should continue to maintain the product appropriately).

As for the options - I did not see any reference to including any other optional RMC rules. My expectation was that it was a single release of the ruleset and that future options introduced to the RM rules would need to be handled as additional products since they require separate programming and separate distribution. 

Good luck with it.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Foen

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:07:38 AM »
I think that there will probably be at least one update to the RMC ruleset to allow greater flexibility/optionality, although work has not yet begun on it (the FG ruleset development team has multiple rulesets to support, and the RMC ruleset hasn't long been released).

If support is added for different versions of RM (such as RMX), I think they would probably be released as new products, but that is just my guess.

StuartW