Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 281920 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #860 on: October 04, 2015, 08:41:48 AM »

I had been checking it regularly, and I, too, expected Green Gryphon to achieve it first.

HARP SF is also Electrum. I expect one of HARP SF Xtreme, HARP Martial Law, HARP College of Magics or Xa-ar to be next. Xa-ar in particular is overdue but it is Silver in both RPGNow and Drivethrurpg so that's why its overdue.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #861 on: October 04, 2015, 08:50:26 AM »

I had been checking it regularly, and I, too, expected Green Gryphon to achieve it first.

HARP SF is also Electrum. I expect one of HARP SF Xtreme, HARP Martial Law, HARP College of Magics or Xa-ar to be next. Xa-ar in particular is overdue but it is Silver in both RPGNow and Drivethrurpg so that's why its overdue.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I hadn't noticed HARP SF had gone electrum. Strange; I thought I had checked that - I know I was looking at Martial Law and College of Magics, and I think SF Extreme.

I think another reason why Xa-ar is overdue is it was first available on ironcrown.com. I bought it there - which is why it isn't showing up in my products on RPGNow, along with a few other things - and, because I printed it out, I haven't as yet purchased it in PoD.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #862 on: October 04, 2015, 08:56:34 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

I hadn't noticed HARP SF had gone electrum. Strange; I thought I had checked that - I know I was looking at Martial Law and College of Magics, and I think SF Extreme.

I think another reason why Xa-ar is overdue is it was first available on ironcrown.com. I bought it there - which is why it isn't showing up in my products on RPGNow, along with a few other things - and, because I printed it out, I haven't as yet purchased it in PoD.

Ahh, I feel better about Xa-ar then. I know the format was a little unusual, but I was kind of disappointed about the apparent sales on RPGNow, because I thought it was a good book. Turns out it is kind of an anomaly.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #863 on: October 06, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
Such a shame that RPGNow's PoD poster size isn't as big as the Sel-kai map.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #864 on: October 06, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
Such a shame that RPGNow's PoD poster size isn't as big as the Sel-kai map.

I'm not sure what map you have, but I scanned my original (2-part) map at 100%. It is approximately 20x28" when stitched together.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #865 on: October 06, 2015, 01:30:19 PM »
RPGNow's print on demand posters only go up to 18"x12" in size. It would have been nice to have a full size PoD map, but if one was done, the image would have to be smaller than the Sel-kai map is.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #866 on: October 06, 2015, 01:35:50 PM »
RPGNow's print on demand posters only go up to 18"x12" in size. It would have been nice to have a full size PoD map, but if one was done, the image would have to be smaller than the Sel-kai map is.

Oh, I misunderstood you; I apologize! Yes unfortunately they cannot do real posters yet. However, depending on where you live, a lot of even small print shops and places like Fedex Office have a large format printer and could print it out.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #867 on: October 06, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »
Surprisingly, one of the old print shops I used to use is still in business. Still, I hope that at some point they manage to be able to print decent sized posters PoD on RPGNow. AllPosters manages to do something.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #868 on: October 08, 2015, 08:23:14 AM »
Lots of changes in my personal life. I have finally got progressive lens glasses, and getting used to them. But much bigger: I am leaving Arlington to move back to my Alma Mater (UVa)  town and the home of the original ICE: Charlottesville, VA, the happiest town in the US.  Might be offline towards the end of the month as I switch providers and settle in, but looking forward to a larger home with more space to spread out my SW and RM materials, and a room for my models! Woo!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #869 on: October 08, 2015, 09:15:05 AM »
Had to look progressive lens up. It's what we would call varifocals. I got them a bit under two years ago. I'm (mostly) used to them, but there are occasional instances when I simply can't put my head at the right angle to use them correctly (having to tilt my head down to look at something fixed but needing to tilt my head back to read it - then I just have to take them off and simply get close).

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #870 on: October 08, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »
Lens technology has advanced amazingly. When I was in HS and college, my glasses for my nearsightedness were huge and heavy. Now my nearsightedness is worse and now that I am old I am also farsighted. But these glasses are very slim and light and you cannot see the variance, but yes they are far vision on top, then as you go down for closer. The only annoying thing is that for close you have to look right at what you want to read, and the rest of the computer is not sharp.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #871 on: October 08, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »
Sounds like your eyesight is similar to mine. In school my glasses were at least twice as thick as my current ones; probably close to four times as thick as they were before I had to get varifocals, as that meant I had to get bigger lenses.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #872 on: October 08, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
Sounds like your eyesight is similar to mine. In school my glasses were at least twice as thick as my current ones; probably close to four times as thick as they were before I had to get varifocals, as that meant I had to get bigger lenses.

Yes I still love my contact lenses in general, but at the computer I have to wear reading glasses with them.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #873 on: October 08, 2015, 10:19:01 AM »
I've not had much luck with contacts, as I can't wear them all day - they're too uncomfortable, especially in hayfever season - so I need glasses as well, and my glasses prescription does not work in my contacts. Rare, but it happens, which means that getting the right contacts is down to guesswork.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #874 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
I got contacts as soon as I was able in college, because I hated glasses. This was so long ago that I had the old rigid contacts, but they gave me better vision and no dorky glasses (yes I was rather vain back in the day), then I had a bad optometrist who tried to put me with soft lenses that did not correct my astigmatism, ugh.

Then they invented toric lenses that corrected astigmatism and I lived in contact bliss for many years until my close vision started to fail, and I got the cheap drug store glasses to read.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #875 on: October 08, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »
Yes progressive lenses are great as well as feather light lenses and something I like to call disappearing frames.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #876 on: October 09, 2015, 05:03:28 PM »
And Eidolon has gone Copper! Pretty decent in under a week. Although it's not number one at the moment. I wonder how long it will manage to keep ahead of White Star.

Offline DragonReborn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Bladestorm Tabletop
« Reply #877 on: October 10, 2015, 05:04:21 AM »
Congratulations! I'll wait for the print option to make this my first hard cover order.

Cheers
Sebastian Klapdor
MX Bladestorm Dev
=========================================================
MX Homepage http://www.bladestorm.mx
facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BladestormTabletop
=========================================================

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #878 on: October 10, 2015, 12:49:22 PM »
I like your handle DragonReborn.   ;D
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline thrud

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #879 on: October 11, 2015, 02:35:14 AM »
What a nice surprise to stumble upon this thread. It gives me an opportunity to pass along some thoughts to Terry that I've had for a long time. I pretty much love all your material that I've seen so far. And the only thing or maybe I should say things that stand out to me might be seen as trivial or redundant to others?
Anyhoo, here it goes...
I'd love to see a book that ties together the fine print.
- Detailed information on languages, where they are spoken and by who.
- Detailed information on where different races live and peculiarities with their societies.
- Detailed information on magic in shadow world, where it is taught, how common/uncommon it is in different parts of the world, great libraries and other sources. How magic is taught and what players need to do in order to learn it?
- Detailed information on specific religions, where they are practiced and by who.
- Detailed information on professions and related matters. Where a profession might be banned, rare or very common.
- Detailed information on guilds and everything related to such matters.

Maybe I should just have said details and the nitty gritty on culture in shadow world? Maybe one book for Jaiman and one for Emer? I dunno, some way to tie everything together with the fine print.

Maybe one could make a culture series? A book a bout Dwarves, one for elves, one or a couple on humans or something?