Author Topic: Star Wars Force Powers  (Read 4319 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Star Wars Force Powers
« on: August 02, 2007, 08:34:34 AM »
I have Force Powers for Star Wars as skills in our RM/SM system and am trying to figure out what the applicable stats for the Force Powers should be. I was thinking EM/SD/EM or SD/EM/SD. That is EM is usually associated to magical forces or mystical powers and self discipline is self explanatory however I am trying to figure out which would have the most precedence in force powers: Self Discipline or Empathy? (maybe neither and you have another idea for Applicable stats).  :)

Thanks!

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Star Wars Force Powers
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:10:59 AM »
My suggestion would be SD as the most important stat

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:55:36 PM »
Dark side might be more EM while Light side more SD
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline jeff

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 05:34:05 PM »
I would love to see a list of the powers. Oh and I agree with above.
JBailey

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 05:36:57 PM »
You could do what WEG did with their Force Powers and have a couple different "categories". Ones that are mental influence on others would be EM/EM/SD, while ones that affected your physical prowess would be SD/SD/EM, and ones that were future seeing would be IN/IN/SD...

One interesting aspect of the Force is the added intuition it gives Jedis. Supposedly, because they could effectively glimpse into the future, it's what gave them the ability to deflect blaster bolts with their lightsaber (otherwise the shot is too fast to know where to move your saber to deflect it). Not sure how that would translate in a combat situation, but it's one of the things that made Jedis very good fighters, and why Jedi vs. Jedi fights tended to last a long time (thinking the Anakin vs. Obiwan fight).

-shnar