Author Topic: Metal Express / Licensed Games  (Read 3541 times)

Offline DragonReborn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Bladestorm Tabletop
Metal Express / Licensed Games
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:31:50 AM »
Well then,

as some of you have noticed, I am getting more involved with Bladestorm over the past months.

Aside from getting the paper work I purchased the digitized version as pdf from the metal express homepage.

Looking back, I am really happy that the shop still works.

When I was trying to register at their forum, I never received an activation email. Changing the registration address didn't help either. It seems the forum is either broken or does not accept new users.

Next, I was trying to find some contact info on the site to ask for help. There is none.

All this leaves a taste of derelict handling and it really makes me wonder if there is still somebody out there?

Sebastian Klapdor
MX Bladestorm Dev
=========================================================
MX Homepage http://www.bladestorm.mx
facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BladestormTabletop

Offline John @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Metal Express / Licensed Games
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:16:09 AM »
Thanks for this.  Please note that Metal Express site which supports Bladestorm and Silent Death is licensed to a completely different company from this part of ICE and what is run by Guild Companion. You need to get in contact with them.  try sheldong1@aol.com - Sheldon to sort it out.
Heavy is the head that wears the Iron Crown

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Metal Express
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 02:47:22 PM »
Well then,

as some of you have noticed, I am getting more involved with Bladestorm over the past months.

Aside from getting the paper work I purchased the digitized version as pdf from the metal express homepage.

Looking back, I am really happy that the shop still works.

When I was trying to register at their forum, I never received an activation email. Changing the registration address didn't help either. It seems the forum is either broken or does not accept new users.

Next, I was trying to find some contact info on the site to ask for help. There is none.

All this leaves a taste of derelict handling and it really makes me wonder if there is still somebody out there?

Hello, Alpha,

there is indeed someone handling things, and if you tried to register and our anti-spam filtering system took you for a spammer at any level, I'm afraid that it would have rejected you out of hand faster than a Luches Utopian commissar will space a conscript just to make a point to the survivors. :o

I will gladly assist you with registration. Just tell me what username you'd like to use, go register with that username, and I will fast track you in. 8)

Respectfully,

Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express Creative Content Team

P.S. As a fan of Bladestorm, I think you'll be interested to know that we're getting closer to posting stats for some long ago promised historical warriors, and some ideas for a sci fi ground combat system using the same Metal Express Dice Engine mechanics set in the Silent Death universe after we get things moving on playtesting the Night Brood reboot (which should be up and posted for everyone to try out in the next several days if not much sooner).
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror."

- Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe, Emperor of the Galaxy, etc., etc.

Offline DragonReborn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Bladestorm Tabletop
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »
Hi Leland,

thank you so much for responding. I will send you a pm with my registration info. The Sci-Fi version of bladestorm ist exactly what I will be looking into after mastering the existing fantasy system. From what I have seen so far, this system and the underlying mechanics are a diamond in the rough. More over @ metal express.

Greets,
Sebastian
Sebastian Klapdor
MX Bladestorm Dev

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:44:35 PM »
Alphaelectric, Metal Express is not derelict, but it is pretty close.  I think the guys seem very nice, but their level of productivity is not really .... lets just say it leaves much to be desired.  Hopefully the NB playtest happens (it was about 10 days away... in February) and maybe that will rekindle some energy over at that site.  Basically, don't hold your breath that anything comes out, let alone anything Bladestorm (they have produced exact 0 items for the system in the almost 10 years they have had the license).  For example, they talked about historical weapons to add in Oct.... of 2012. 

Now I do think that NightBrood will happen, probably soonish.  But they have promised lots of products over the years, and produced... virtually nil.  I know this is harsh, but is there some factual error, let me know.  The latest reboot is sort of the same as the previous one, lots of promises, not as much with the product. 

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Metal Express
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 08:58:45 PM »
Alphaelectric, Metal Express is not derelict, but it is pretty close.  I think the guys seem very nice, but their level of productivity is not really .... lets just say it leaves much to be desired.  Hopefully the NB playtest happens (it was about 10 days away... in February) and maybe that will rekindle some energy over at that site.  Basically, don't hold your breath that anything comes out, let alone anything Bladestorm (they have produced exact 0 items for the system in the almost 10 years they have had the license).  For example, they talked about historical weapons to add in Oct.... of 2012. 

Now I do think that NightBrood will happen, probably soonish.  But they have promised lots of products over the years, and produced... virtually nil.  I know this is harsh, but is there some factual error, let me know.  The latest reboot is sort of the same as the previous one, lots of promises, not as much with the product.

See attached file (pending moderator approval)...
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror."

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Metal Express
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 09:14:46 PM »
Hi Leland,

thank you so much for responding. I will send you a pm with my registration info. The Sci-Fi version of bladestorm ist exactly what I will be looking into after mastering the existing fantasy system. From what I have seen so far, this system and the underlying mechanics are a diamond in the rough. More over @ metal express.

Greets,
Sebastian

Sebastian,

I contacted our IT Wizard and had you approved on the spot (it turned out you were in the pending file). You're good to go on the Metal Express Forum. 8)

On the Bladestorm front, expect some new stats to go up for historical subjects as we've been threatening to do for so long; there's only just so much of the two of us (Dr. Greaves and myself) to go around, so Bladestorm had taken a back seat to it's younger sibling Silent Death accordingly, as we were thrashing out the whole Night Brood issue when the two of us managed to wrestle away some time from our respective academic responsibilities... :o

The sci-fi ground combat system is based on both Bladestorm and Silent Death in that it shares the same dice mechanics. Turn sequencing and weapons stats are different from Bladestorm or Silent Death, as we're dealing on a rules set tailored to the specific setting of Terran Space as presented in Silent Death: The Next Millennium. The factions will range from the formal House troops of The Twelve plus some minor operators like the Karelian Republic, plus the usual scum and villainy of mercenaries, pirates, adventurers, freelance operators, and irate locals.

We'll be adding a number of updates and new additions to the Metal Express Home Page, plus new categories for discussion on the Metal Express Forum. The process is to be blunt like peeling an onion, one layer at a time, so just bear with us a bit longer as we finalize the Night Brood reboot playtesting resources, and once done, can start hitting other targets harder than we've previously been able to do. :)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 11:51:32 PM »
Approved. Have fun.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline DragonReborn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Bladestorm Tabletop
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »
Great!

I was able to sign on this time.

Just an hour ago I playtested a skirmish scenario against my wife. The dice favored her, so her trolls kicked my barbarians out of the frame.

More later ;-)

Sebastian Klapdor
MX Bladestorm Dev

Offline DragonReborn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Bladestorm Tabletop
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »
Concerning the workload / publication issue.

Pulling a company out of the ground with two people is hard enough, but doing so aside from a full time job is ... we're talking a "very hard" maneuver here. The goal is admirable and I believe that there are lots of things in the pipeline. It is just a matter of fact that a little info here and a little info there can go a long way when folks are waiting. Anyway, I better head over now ...

Sebastian Klapdor
MX Bladestorm Dev