Author Topic: Where are the special "Chosen one" type talents for religious orders?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
I am pretty sure they are not actually called "Chosen one".
But I remember seeing some kind of special talents for those in a religious order that basically become their god's chosen one where they gain special abilities and other things based on their devotion. I remember a high DP cost and there were basically two tiers.

Does anyone have any idea where I might have seen these things?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Where are the special "Chosen one" type talents for religious orders?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 12:33:15 AM »
Hmmm, I don't remember this talent - so I would guess it is in the one HARP book I don't actually own - Grimoire.

That or I just forgot it.

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:34:38 AM »
Oh!

Ding!

I just made Adept here in the forums!  LoL  :D
-Pyrotech

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »
Bruce,

I just went through all of my HARP books and I can't find a thing on special talents for any religious orders.  May be it was in a Role Master book or supplement.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 10:44:04 PM »
Bruce,

I just went through all of my HARP books and I can't find a thing on special talents for any religious orders.  May be it was in a Role Master book or supplement.

I remember seeing it for HARP. It was like where a follower of a god could become their vassal or champion of some kind and they gained special abilities in relation to the god they followed. It may have been in one of the old Harper's Bazaar books, not sure though.

Offline enoch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • just me
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 12:49:20 AM »
Perhaps you're thinking of the "Clerical Orders" section of the Bazaar Annual?

In HARP, when a character becomes a Cleric, he is joining a religious order, and his selectable skill categories and his actual Sphere of spells should be determined by the deity worshipped and by the focus and nature of that deity. The following examples detail a few possible Clerical Orders that a character might join.

It goes on to list 9 orders:
  • Earth Wardens
  • Guardians of the Night
  • Lore Wardens of Arnach
  • The Fist of Thorok
  • The Gatekeepers
  • The Justicars
  • The Order of the Daystar
  • The Seekers of Valorn
  • The Sentinels of the Weald

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
Perhaps you're thinking of the "Clerical Orders" section of the Bazaar Annual?

In HARP, when a character becomes a Cleric, he is joining a religious order, and his selectable skill categories and his actual Sphere of spells should be determined by the deity worshipped and by the focus and nature of that deity. The following examples detail a few possible Clerical Orders that a character might join.

It goes on to list 9 orders
Thanks for the response but that wasn't it. I remember there were basically two tiers and they were considered talents. I believe the lower tier cost like 20 to 30 DP and the upper tier cost about 40 DP. These were special talents that gave the cleric some kind of champion status along with several special abilities that pertained to the god being served. One had to be chosen to become one of these champions by the god and the chosen had to have performed some really faithful deeds in the name of the god.

I wonder if I could be thinking about one of the Rolemaster supplements. I'll have to look through what I have when I actually get the time.

Offline Glenn_Gould

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 02:47:02 PM »
Never noticed such thing in any Harp book I know of. You might be able to achieve something similar by using the minor and major holy ability of a holy symbol (which wouldn't help if you're mainly looking for the examples given ;-)).

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »
Never noticed such thing in any Harp book I know of. You might be able to achieve something similar by using the minor and major holy ability of a holy symbol (which wouldn't help if you're mainly looking for the examples given ;-)).
Yeah the player I am giving this option to also suggested that. But that is really limited compared to the talent I remember. It may have been in RM instead. I asked a similar question in the RM thread.