Author Topic: Bleeding injury severity question  (Read 1210 times)

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Bleeding injury severity question
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
I was looking though the injury and healing rules for RMSS today and realized something strange. The healing rules state that light injuries are those bleeding 1-5/rnd, medium injuries bleed 6-10/rnd and severe wounds are those bleeding more than 11/round. But looking though arms law, it seems that the highest bleeder is a single 8/rnd result on the slash crit table. Does that mean there is no such thing as a severe bleeding wound?  Is that how this was supposed to be designed?
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Bleeding injury severity question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:16:28 PM »
I'm sure it's not deliberate. The average person has <50 hits and dies at -50. A wound that bleeds 5/round would kill such a person in 20 rounds which is just over three minutes. It seems crazy to call that a light injury.

In RMU, we have it set as 1-3 is light, 4-6 is medium, and 7+ for severe.

System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Bleeding injury severity question
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:40:47 AM »
I'm sure it's not deliberate. The average person has <50 hits and dies at -50. A wound that bleeds 5/round would kill such a person in 20 rounds which is just over three minutes. It seems crazy to call that a light injury.
It has more to do with the system itself, really. Even at 1/round (the smallest possible), an average person would die in 100 rounds, or a little more than fifteen minutes, which is still very fast!
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.