Author Topic: Depression CC table and trauma/insanities table (?)  (Read 1278 times)

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Depression CC table and trauma/insanities table (?)
« on: January 25, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »
RM2 (RoCo. III, to be accurate) has a depression table (well, sure, why not?) Some of the results have you "roll x random trauma" or "roll y random insanities", which would be wonderful if not for the absence of any trauma or insanity table anywhere. At least as far as I know.
May one of you guys point me in which book these tables are? Thank you~
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Depression CC table and trauma/insanities table (?)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »
RM2 (RoCo. III, to be accurate) has a depression table (well, sure, why not?) Some of the results have you "roll x random trauma" or "roll y random insanities", which would be wonderful if not for the absence of any trauma or insanity table anywhere. At least as far as I know.
May one of you guys point me in which book these tables are? Thank you~

I believe you can look in the Chaos Gifts and Geas tables.  Can't remember which RoCo.  I'll check when I get home.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 04:55:04 AM »
I believe you can look in the Chaos Gifts and Geas tables.  Can't remember which RoCo.  I'll check when I get home.
The gift and geas table are in RoCo. III, but they don't have anything about trauma nor insanity… The only tables I think I could use are the mental corruption tables in the O.C. but I don't really think it's to what the depression table refers. ;)
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 05:59:04 AM »
The gift and geas table are in RoCo. III, but they don't have anything about trauma nor insanity… The only tables I think I could use are the mental corruption tables in the O.C. but I don't really think it's to what the depression table refers. ;)

I know the Depression Crits are a secondary (and tertiary on some) elemental attacks from Elemental Companion.  Dark elemental attack does cold and depression crits.  Time attacks may also do depression crits with the whole "aging 50 years in a matter of seconds" thing messing up the brain. LOL.

If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 05:20:01 PM »
I remember trauma and insanity tables, but I can't seem to find them now after looking through my companions and rm2 books. The closest I can find is the psychiatric disease section in campaign law with trauma as mild and moderate and insanity as severe.
Maybe I am remembering us using the palladium tables(those were awesome!)
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 10:56:04 PM »
Dark Space had a whole section on insanity & mental trauma due to the terror built into the campaign.  It even presented a teritiary stat called Rationality (Ra) which is the average of your Re & SD.  IIRC, there was a table that you could use that tracked events that could cause mental trauma (witnessing a death, encountering a demon, &c…).  The results of this table make your Ra stat deteriorate which then the player needs to role-play. Or maybe there were actual MM & SA negative modifiers.  I can't quite remember off the top of my head.  I'd have to dig out my copy of Dark Space…

Otherwise, I don't remember any other insanity or mental trauma rules in RM2.  Maybe in RMSS/RMFRP - Shades Of Darkness comes to mind as a possibility; but then that's another Campaign setting book.  Maybe the Mentalism Companion… but I'm just guessing at this point.

Nightblade ->--

Offline Sable Wyvern

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 11:54:27 PM »
RMSS Mentalism Companion has a brief, broad-strokes discussion, but no trauma or insanity tables.

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 04:11:36 AM »
Oh, well, I may end using my old "Call of Cthulhu" insanity tables… I don't think any game system deals with insanity and trauma better than CoC does.  ;)