Author Topic: I Freakin' Love Shadow World/Rolemaster! : An Introduction and a Thank You  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Implementor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
   Hello.

Where to start? heh. First a giant thanks for the many hours and years of enjoyment. Rolemaster and Shadow World were a big part of our roleplaying gaming lives from the early '80s up until the 21st Century.
   The '80s and '90s were awesome for RPGs, we played all sorts, from Gamma World, to Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer/Elric, All the ICE games, V&V,Twilight 2000, Battlelords of the 23rd Century, Emperor of the Fading Suns, and more...but RM and Shadow World were our go-to system and milieu and my personal favourite. (I adore that's it's a planet in a solar system in a (our) galaxy among many many other reasons).

Sadly it's been 17-years since we've indulged; but that looks to change in the moderate future...which brings me here. I've only visisted a few times over the years, to see if there was anything new and interesting to acquire. But it was too frustrating to hang around the forums long 'cuz everyone was having fun and I couldn't O_o. Looks like the hey-day for forum activity was 2008-2012ish...but I do see current movement here...

...and holy crap, Mr. Amthor is the forum mod!

A lot of forum back-reading to do it seems, so far indulged in any number of long nights worth. I see new updated product in the works? (!)...and I think I'm missing the modern Emers, ugh. Last I got was Atlas 4th ed., Powers of Light and Dark, and Xaar. Great works. I've always enjoyed reading and re-reading all the timelines and lore and info and imagining how it all fit together and what may happen.

That's probably long-winded enough =p. I'm interested in making some posts (some observations, some queries mayhaps; hope that's cool) so I thought the polite thing to do would be to introduce myself first. I'll do my due dilligence and scour old threads so I don't bring up something that was discussed at length a few pages previous hehe.

- Implementor

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: I Freakin' Love Shadow World/Rolemaster! : An Introduction and a Thank You
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:31:47 AM »
Welcome aboard - I look forward to hearing more.  :D
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 01:32:56 AM »
Welcome back to the fold, man!

Lots to rediscover and can confirm a similar stickyness to SW/RM.

Came for the MERP cover art, stayed for the Jaimani pendants/crowns/swords adventures arc back in the day!
Loved adding Norek into the mix for base adventures and broadening the PCs’ horizons with Jaiman and Haalkitaine’s info.

Used to love reading how other GMs mapped the adventures from the books with their own groups as compared to my own’s experiences and path.

Offline Implementor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:40 PM »
  Hey, thanks for the welcome.

All my rpg-experience in the 21st century has consisted of pulling out all my SW material every 4 or 5 years and reading it all cover to cover then having fun imagining and extrapolating events. That looks to change in the next year or two with some actual play.

Think I've read every thread in SW and RM2 forums last couple weeks, oi! I agree, it's fun and informative to read everyone's take on the milieu and how different people run their adventures.

Hopefully the posts I come up with aren't too, mmmm, longwinded hehe. I like to illustrate where I'm coming from comprehensively so as to better illuminate my failures of logic or imagination. Time to decide on and start conceptualizing the first...

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:27:00 PM »
Welcome back... I hope you can find a group and enjoy the new features that are coming. I am waiting patiently myself.... Wish I had more around my area to get gaming on other than the other types of games though.... Sad but will get into soon I hope...
Knowledge is unimagined Power