Author Topic: Guild Companion September 2013 (Issue 175)  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
Guild Companion September 2013 (Issue 175)
« on: September 02, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
Greetings from the Guild Companion; Issue 175 is available at www.guildcompanion.com.

This month we present the third installment of "Forgotten Realms Deities." You can also find stand-alone articles for using Combat Companion with RMSS and thoughts on creating extra-planar creatures. Finally, a bit of poetry.

I also seem to have forgotten to introduce our newest editor! Phillip Ellis has joined the Rolemaster editorial staff.

Peter Mork
Guild Companion Editor

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: Guild Companion September 2013 (Issue 175)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
The companion seems to be full these last few times: a good thing!

A nice poem this month. Not my cup of tea, but certainly worth reading, due to hidden meanings.

The fighting styles looks like a good article. It has a lot of info.

The FR deities has been a good running article. Love the work Charles put in there.

The 2 new creatures of the Planes is probably a starter for a few more articles. Looking forward to that!

Game On!

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 06:39:33 PM »
 Yes I liked it as well and IMHO the poetry can be used in a game so the GM does not have to create their own.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 12:35:34 AM »
Thank you for your comments regarding the poem. I was hoping it would be well-received. :)

Look forward to more articles regarding the planes: I'm hoping to squeeze in work on the next chapter of the Psionics articles this weekend, along with one on Mages' Guilds, and a spot of volunteering at the local polling booth this Saturday morning (and voting, natch) along with a reading at a book launch on Sunday (and that comes with an "extra" four hours of travel as well ;) ). If I get time on Saturday and/or Sunday the following weekend I shall write some more planar material.
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline netbat

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:33:56 PM »
I am looking forward to some more articles on the planes, the creatures in this issue are quite an interesting take.
Glad to see the interest in the fighting with style article, I hope you find it useful. There is also a set of styles created using it and some additional optional rules that can be used either with the article or as stand alone RMSS/RMC that I submitted and will possibly be in one of the next issues.
There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away -
                                                   Emily Dickenson