Author Topic: Green Gryphon Errata  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Green Gryphon Errata
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:47:27 AM »
This thread is for new errata.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Atouk McMarrin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Green Gryphon Errata
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
Hopefully not repeating anything found in the previous thread...

p. 13. Sec. 4.4. "... if the PCs buy a few drinks, the might get the regulars to open up, and exchange news..."

-- "the" should read "they" and the comma between "up, and" should probably be removed.

p. 22. Sec. Tower Upper Floors. "... Very Hard (+20) to pick..."

-- "(+20)" should read "(-20)"

p. 81. "Harrowgate"

-- This map shows a second Harrowgate on L'Kyran, whereas the map from the Haalkitaine sourcebook shows the same town labeled as Trollsbridge.

Offline Atouk McMarrin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 01:58:55 PM »

pp. 24, 25, 27... the color of the bridge's stone is variously described as either "green-grey" or "grey-green."

p. 38. Sec. 11.4 "He has one of the Eight Serpent Eye Talismen."

-- whereas on p. 47 "talismans" is used as the plural form.

p. 39. Sec. 11.6 "If questioned closely about the mail, be becomes a little nervous..."

-- "be" should be "he"

p. 41. Intro "... to the GM is advised to read..."

-- "to" should probably read "though"

p. 60. Scene 1 "... he saw some people wandering about a rocky area in the south, as he came up the"

-- unfinished sentence, "Steppe Highway" might complete it.

p. 61. Scene 4 "... Reif burn the symbol of the Eye..."

-- "burn" should either be "burns" or "will burn" depending on the tense you want.

p. 64. Kester's Goals "... Kester might begin to see them as less tools to be used, but instead as..."

-- should probably read "might begin to see them less as tools to be used"

p. 74. The chart here lists Pel Frankis' hair color as Brown, however p. 38 describes his hair color as red/read.

Offline crystalline_entity

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »
Hope these haven't already been mentioned:

p.41 - The header text for Part IV states "Finally, at the end of this part are some character background ideas."  My copy goes straight from 10.8 (the final adventure idea) into Part V without any background ideas.

And on the map on p14 there are a few shop types which are listed on the key on p16, but I can't see on the map (A, B, F, P, U). There are specific named shops for apothecary (18) and carpenter (17), but I can't see a bakery or potter in the town. I'm not sure if this is really counts as errata - are all the shops mentioned in the key meant to be there?

Offline Arc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 09:09:21 AM »
The missing character backstory elements are also references to on page 4. Personally, I don't really miss this information, but I wouldn't object to including it either. Just choose one or the other :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline kustenjaeger

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »
Greetings

Have just purchased and flicked through it.

Inconsistency: Page 12 4.0: 'several hundred occupants' compared to p13 4.1 'a town of perhaps 1000 ...'

Referencing. Page 8 refers to the Castle being detailed further in Part II. It is only briefly discussed on page 28 (3.0) - is this the reference? I was surprised it was so short.

Kind regards

Edward

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »
Thanks for all the input! I'm prepping GGI for the print version today...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Arc

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
Hey Terry, I notice that in GGI you mention 4 old kingdom highways running east to west (on top of the 5 running north to south). In your earlier work you state there are only 2 highways running west to east. Is this a typo or a change in thinking?

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 02:39:28 AM »
Hey Terry, I notice that in GGI you mention 4 old kingdom highways running east to west (on top of the 5 running north to south). In your earlier work you state there are only 2 highways running west to east. Is this a typo or a change in thinking?

A change. Two E-W highways would clearly be inadequate.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline crystalline_entity

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 08:32:23 AM »
Just wondered if the pdf version was up-to-date with all of this errata, or did it only make it into the print book?

Thanks

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 08:49:27 AM »
The pdf was corrected, then we created the print master. Anyone who bought the pdf very early simply needs to redownload it from RPGNow (DriveThru, etc.).

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Neee-Wom

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 04:25:35 AM »
I noticed a couple of mistakes, more than erratas in Green Gryphon while running the adventures. Maybe Terry can bring some light.

Page 10.- Night Hounds, these night hounds look like the night hounds from Master Atlas 3rd edition only in appearance, the behaviour is from the Zephyr Wolves of the 3rd edition, although in previous editions the Zephyr Wolves were called Zephyr Hounds. I'ts confusing

Page 15.- 15. Temple of Scalu. Worship of the Dark Gods is frowned on, but generally tolerated by the Rhakhaan government. The ‘cat-cult people’ (as they are jokingly referred to) are the only dark god followers who openly worship in Gryphonburgh. They are quiet and keep to themselves… and their cats keep the rat population under control. I think it should be Temple of Andaras

Page 31.- Oliva Fendriss is mentioned as a member of the Fellowship of the Gryphon, but this name does not appear anywhere else on the book.

Page 38.- Breen Lakegan, it is strange that he is a loari if his aunt is aged
Ni!