Author Topic: Can't reply  (Read 2416 times)

Offline KC

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Can't reply
« on: July 02, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »
I've been browsing the Playtest section and found a topic I was excited about and could respond to without having to do a test draft. Yay! My first forum post was about to happen! Then... I couldn't find the reply button.

I looked up, I looked down, I looked right, I looked left, I looked in the middle. I carefully looked at darn near every pixil.

I checked the "Help" page and then looked in top and in the bottom... no button either place.

I checked some other pages I wanted to read, and no buttons there either. I checked a random page in the "Website and Forum Feedback" section and no button.

I've been known to encounter errors that no one knew existed until I ran into them, but this is peculiar even for me. How do I get the button to appear?

PS. I now know where it is supposed to be. On this post, and only this post, I see the reply button. I've gone back to the one I wanted to reply to and it isn't there. Nor is it there but simply invisible--there is no link of any kind to the left of the "Notify" button.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
Re: Can't reply
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 11:58:52 PM »
You're probably trying to reply in a thread or forum that has been closed out. Make sure you're in a beta2 forum rather than beta1 forum.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline KC

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Can't reply
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:52:04 PM »
Thank you, that does seem to have been the problem. I checked a specifically beta thread and by golly the button was there! Since this wasn't a rules problem, I didn't think about the alpha-beta distinction applying. (My local Chaos Aura is so often the problem that it has become my go-to hypothesis.)