Author Topic: Director's Briefing - December 2015  (Read 4030 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - December 2015
« on: November 30, 2015, 03:56:21 PM »
Welcome to the fifty-fifth Briefing and the twelfth scheduled Briefing for 2015.

Dragonmeet 2015

A final reminder that we will be at Dragonmeet 2015 (www.dragonmeet.co.uk, on the 5th December in London) running the "ICE" stand. Boxes of shiny softcover and hardcover HARP, HARP SF, and Shadow World are ready to be placed in a suitcase for transportation down to London. These include six hardcover copies of Eidolon.

When not joining myself behind the ICE stand, Chris Seal will be GMing his RMU adventure, Lair of the Ice Lord.

β€œHe Who Parts the Mists of Time, chief shaman of the Seal tribe, awoke with a start of terror. Though the vision was cloudy, the spirits had chosen to alert him to the danger his people were sailing towards. A few days later, at a gathering of the Great Fleet of the Seal people, He Who Parts the Mists of Time told his tale. Thus it was that you and your companions, protectors of the tribe and blessed by the spirits, found yourself travelling ahead of the fleet, navigating the hazards of the ice floes and making landfall on the sea ice. Several hard days of travel across the Whitelands have brought you to your destination. Ahead of you, thrust up into the sky like a fist of ice, is the source of the danger that instilled He Who Parts the Mists of Time with such fear, but you still have time. Now, while the evil within is still rising, growing like a cancer on the lands, now is the time for you to act.’

If you are in the UK on the 5th, we hope to see you at Dragonmeet.

Shadow World

The print masters for Eidolon were uploaded onto 24th October, and the hardcover was approved in short order, and proof copies arrived very quickly for both myself and Terry. The softcover made it to Lightning Source and then disappeared. OneBookShelf resent it to LightningSource but it has not yet been approved. I suspect it has gone missing again.

Similarly while I have already had 7 copies of Eidolon printed in hardcover, the OneBookShelf system is confused and thinks I need to order proofs again. As soon as these hiccups are resolved, Eidolon will be available for purchase in softcover and hardcover. Of course, if you happen to be at Dragonmeet, you can buy a gorgeous hardcover from me.

RMU

The development team are working very hard on solutions for the various dealbreakers and other issues of significant concerns. I am meanwhile in rare moments of tranquility to discern how best to make Creature Law into a publishable book - where or more correctly how best to split it.

HARP and HARP SF

On HARP Bestiary, I have been persevering with the Elementals. I decided that the best way of presenting the five Elemental being/creatures (Servitors, Steeds, Hunters, Savants and Warriors) was for each type to give an individual description and abilities/combat per Air, Earth, Fire, and Water, and then shared text for Lifestyle, Background and Adventure Notes. I have twenty sets of descriptions and abilities/combat written up fully, and have the Lifestyle, Background and Adventure Notes in note form for Servitors and Steeds. So still to be done are writing up those notes for Servitors and Steeds, completing the writeups of Hunters, Savants and Warrior, and then bring the Elemental Heritage and Creatures sections into alignment with all the other revisions. Elemental Heritage covers such matters as Lesser and Greater Elemental Blood talents; Elemental Creatures covers converting normal monsters into elementally transformed creatures.

Safely relocated and (mostly) settled in his new home, Terry has been working on generating an art list for HARP Folkways. I am expecting to receive that soon and then we will be able to commission the artwork.

Material continues to appear in the corporate DropBox folder for The Poseidon Gambit, and Joel also poses interesting rules queries on the HARP SF forums.

Until next time

The next scheduled Briefing will be in January 2016, so all that remains for me to do is to wish you all a Merry Christmas (or other holiday of your choosing) and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - December 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 04:40:34 AM »
Update: Eidolon is now available in shiny hardcover from OneBookShelf. If you purchase a pdf + hardcover bundle, you get $5 off as a bundle deal.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »
Thanks for the update!  Is there a good summary somewhere of the current list of "deal-breakers" for RMU, and any associated discussion threads?

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 11:47:34 AM »
Thanks for the update!  Is there a good summary somewhere of the current list of "deal-breakers" for RMU, and any associated discussion threads?

See last month's Briefing.

Best wishes
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline adanost

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Sailin' the waves
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »
Update: Eidolon is now available in shiny hardcover from OneBookShelf. If you purchase a pdf + hardcover bundle, you get $5 off as a bundle deal.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Great news! Already ordered!
Ricard
Devoted GM

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 02:36:08 PM »

See last month's Briefing.

Best wishes
Nicholas

Thanks!  Looks like I'm all caught up on my forum-reading then.  Looking forward to beta 3 or general release.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 12:22:22 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

But the softcover version is still on the queue and will be released in the (hopefully) not so far future? I have all the other SW books as softcovers and would prefer to not have a mixed style on my shelf :)

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 01:18:11 AM »
I have Meredith chasing Lightning Source regarding the softcover.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 09:03:32 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Nick,

You might want to post this in the Shadow World section.

Thanks,

--Desty

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »
Hope appropriate here.

The email letter has a misdirected link.

The link for the "City maker spreadsheet" actually leads to a Kulthea graphic novel in the vault.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
β€” RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 03:21:42 AM »
Hmmm...

Sorry about that. Not sure what is going on there as it look ok in the e-mail. Probably gremlins in the system.

Here is the link to the city maker if you need it: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item141

Offline sarwanov

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 01:11:36 AM »
Great News!
well done for sharing such important news!
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 01:52:51 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Any news about the softcover?

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 06:20:26 AM »

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Any news about the softcover?

Nohing? No news about the softcover?

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 03:32:06 PM »
I finally hold my Eidolon softcover in my hands. Great book and quite huge compared to the old version.
Thank you!