Author Topic: What of Ilourians?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline brandivil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
What of Ilourians?
« on: December 20, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »
Terry,

I'm a bit stumped...one of my players has decided to play an 'Ilourian' not much about them (in terms of Shadow World context for now) other than some very brief and obscure references.  They have aka's as Tanai or T'loc-loc and hang about in Silaar.  Any further information on where they fit into things would be much appreciated.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: What of Ilourians?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 03:59:33 AM »
There's a comment that they are also called the T'loc-loc, and there are some details on them in Emer II.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:45:25 AM »
There is basic race information in the Atlas, and I must confess that I completely left the Ilourians out of Emer III (though it was already so massive...). They live in the Khum-kaan rainforest, so possibly at least semi-arboreal. They might compete with the Kuluku for territory, or peacefully co-exist.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline brandivil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 07:34:28 AM »
My thanks both - that's enough of a pointer for me to get him set-up with some context.

Offline Malleable

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 06:13:11 PM »
Emer Ii has this:
"The Tanai
Erlin Elves who did not welcome the arrival of the Loari to NĂ¡mar-Tol, the Tanai have a loose tribal structure."

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like they are Elves...
Terry can you verify if this is correct?

Thanks,
Mal

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »
if i read correctly between the lines, they (the T'loc-loc ?) are:

a hunter gatherer
(possible shamanistic/animistic ?)
(not unlike the african native pygmes ?)
somewhat xenophobic
tribal culture
(possible some genetic semi-elven of Erlini and Thesians mix ?)

T
I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline brandivil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »
I have them as small of stature humans...Will look out the reference for that but I think it is the latest from TA. 

One of my players is of royal blood, so I have had to do some improvising as to the culture and background of this race.  I have linked the survival of the Illourians to serve the interests to that of a secret organization in Selkai who have secreted away the Prince with Illourian royal assent.  The Illourian prince and another pc (trainee Paladin) with the prince's main protection (Paladin of 9th lvl) were moved at great cost by navigators across continents.  The secret organization intent was to keep the royal line of the Illourian secure in this distant land.   However, the removal of one of the eyes of uther messed that up slightly.  They were gated to another continent (Thuul).  This is where they met the rest of the party and so they adventure has begun in Gethrya...the Fell Lands.  What fun! 8)