Author Topic: Psionic Range question - the sequel  (Read 1406 times)

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
Psionic Range question - the sequel
« on: January 02, 2016, 06:48:00 AM »
I realized that a character with clairsentience was not going to have much chance of detecting a life form if it were any significant distance, ie some rifle ranges,  unless they had invested a lot of ranks and also higher tier activation.

One problem seems to be that there are a couple Talents needed,there appears to only be talents for doubling radius, time, and targets (but none for increasing  range or mass).

Clairsentience with 10 ranks of skill, and tier 5 will provide 200m of range, but at tier 4 you are reaching only 100m and tier 3 only 50m. From a practical DP investment point of view the ranges are likely to be very much more limited. You would be far better off just developing perception with ranks and any talents that benefit it.

Now to my question - are there any psionic attack or utility disciplines that are line of sight and not limited to the range rules?

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Psionic Range question - the sequel
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:11:19 AM »
Joel's question:
Now to my question - are there any psionic attack or utility disciplines that are line of sight and not limited to the range rules?

No.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 07:24:22 AM »
Would a Psionic ranged attack, i.e. Energy Bolt - use Ambush or Sniping? Or could you use either?

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 08:08:48 AM »
Sniping.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme