Author Topic: When did Kydak Dum go to the East?  (Read 3442 times)

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
When did Kydak Dum go to the East?
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:25:24 PM »
I found nothing about when he left for the East & when he returned. I found nothing in the timelines & nothing in the entries on him in the Atlases or in Powers. I assume he went to the East relatively recently & returned after the Northern Eye was stolen.

I know Kydak Dum is the most reclusive of the Dragonlords & he rarely interacts with the other Dragonlords, but I get the impression they may have missed him for some time before he reappeared warning of the looming threat from the East.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: When did Kydak Dum go to the East?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 05:20:30 AM »
According to Emer Atlas II, he disappeared after the Dragon Helms were finished in SEI 3744, and, although he hadn't revealed himself at that point, was believed to have returned by TEI 6042.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 12:53:10 AM »
According to Emer Atlas II, he disappeared after the Dragon Helms were finished in SEI 3744

Yeah I saw that in the Atlas, but I get the impression he was around at least for a while after because according to Powers of light & darkness "He generally kept to himself except for rare meetings of the Dragonlords that he attended only out of duty." This implies he didn't go off to the East right away. There's no way he was gone for the 8800 years between 3744 SEI & 6042 TEI. At least that's my opinion.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 04:10:21 PM »
What exactly are you looking for here? If you are looking for a reason, then likely it is because he could. But also because he might have just been curious about what is on the otherside of the barrier. For the most part, I think each individual GM is supposed to decide for themselves why/when and whatever - if it even impacts their game at all.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 06:58:33 PM »
What exactly are you looking for here? If you are looking for a reason, then likely it is because he could. But also because he might have just been curious about what is on the otherside of the barrier. For the most part, I think each individual GM is supposed to decide for themselves why/when and whatever - if it even impacts their game at all.

My players are interacting with Sulthon Ni'Shaang & I thought he might send them searching for Kydak Dum. Then I went looking to see when he went East & found no exact time. I am just asking when did he make the trip & how long was he gone on the off chance anyone else had thought that through already (including TKA).

In my campaign the year is 6050 the season is Fall around the 30th day & they're trying to retrieve the Sea Drake crown from Sulthon Ni'Shaang.

It's a long story (involving the Ark of Worlds) as to why they know Sulthon Ni'Shaang has the crown, but suffice to say they know he's got it.

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
I think the burning question is what he's been doing over there for the last 6000+ years...
Anyone?

Thanks,
--Desty

Offline metallion

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Winterdream Online
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 06:45:29 PM »
I think the burning question is what he's been doing over there for the last 6000+ years...
Anyone?

Thanks,
--Desty

1) Sleeping.
2) Watching.

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »
Anyone?

Thanks,
--Desty

Imprisoned, tortured, driven to the edge of sanity by a sadistic Lord of Essaence.

Offline Destyar

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 10:37:16 AM »
Anyone?

Thanks,
--Desty

Imprisoned, tortured, driven to the edge of sanity by a sadistic Lord of Essaence.

Hmm. I wonder if he is suffering the same symptoms as Andraax, being "not all there" mentally, as a result of going to the East...

Thanks,
--Desty

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »
In 5/58 6053 he is seen in Karilon and in 2/6 6054 he talks to Vorig in Vog Mur about the East. It looks like he goes there in between that time.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 02:42:05 AM »
In 5/58 6053 he is seen in Karilon and in 2/6 6054 he talks to Vorig in Vog Mur about the East. It looks like he goes there in between that time.

I knew I saw something like this in the past. What is the source?

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 02:46:38 AM »

Hmm. I wonder if he is suffering the same symptoms as Andraax, being "not all there" mentally, as a result of going to the East...

Thanks,
--Desty

A Dragon's psyche is not so fragile as a humanoid's, even if he's a K'ta'viir.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:35 AM »
Actually, Kydak Dum wasn't in Karilon. It was the Nameless One, and there were rumours from this visit that the Nameless One was Kydak Dum (which isn't true).
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 06:39:12 PM »
Actually, Kydak Dum wasn't in Karilon. It was the Nameless One, and there were rumours from this visit that the Nameless One was Kydak Dum (which isn't true).
Yup, my bad. It was in 6052 also. It looks like the last time he was seen prior to turning up in 6054 was 3744 of the Second Era. I guess you get to deterine, for your game, when he went to the "East" and what he was doing prior to that time (as well as what he was doing while over there).

Offline kyussopeth

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »
I like the idea that he went into the East just after the 1st assault on the Northern Eye & returned only after the Eye was stolen. As for what he was doing I think first spying & then getting tortured by an evil K'ta'viir who underestimated him. He escaped during the chaos of the eye's theft & rested for a while before penetrating the now unstable barrier. From my campaign's POV this is still in the future.

So their quest to find Kyduk Dum will fail, but it could lead to them being aware of his return. They may even find Kydak Dum injured by his journey through the barrier.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 02:08:06 PM »
I like the idea that he went into the East just after the 1st assault on the Northern Eye & returned only after the Eye was stolen. As for what he was doing I think first spying & then getting tortured by an evil K'ta'viir who underestimated him. He escaped during the chaos of the eye's theft & rested for a while before penetrating the now unstable barrier. From my campaign's POV this is still in the future.

So their quest to find Kyduk Dum will fail, but it could lead to them being aware of his return. They may even find Kydak Dum injured by his journey through the barrier.
Sounds like you got a plan. Excellent. But of course, the Players will mess it up.  ;D