Author Topic: Bonus HP by Race  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Bonus HP by Race
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:14:47 PM »
I've recently started playing RoleMaster again after a long break, and I've been using an OpenOffice spreadsheet character generator that I found online. It seems to be adding 25 HP to the total that my dwarf fighter should have, and I have a vague recollection of there being a table that gave some bonus HP based on race, but I can't find anything like that in the RMC Character Law. Is it an old RM2 rule? Or am I imagining it entirely?

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
Re: Bonus HP by Race
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »
IIRC the basic formula for hit points in RM2/RMC was Total HP = Base HP x 1.<CO bonus>. So if a character had 50 hits from skill and level bonus and a +20 bonus to CO, then his total hits would be 50 x 1.20 = 60 hits. Does this match with your 25 additional hits in the spreadsheet?

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:51:14 AM »
No, it's doing that calculation, but then adding an extra 25 hp. So in the example you gave, the spreadsheet would list 85 hp.

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
I would assume a bug in the spreadsheet.

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 02:53:27 AM »
So would I, and the spreadsheet is certainly not without other errors. It's just this memory I have of a table that showed an addition to  based on race, and it was +25 for dwarves. But I certainly can't find it in any of the books I've looked in  :P :P