Author Topic: A Question Regarding Paper Modelling  (Read 1282 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
A Question Regarding Paper Modelling
« on: March 08, 2016, 01:59:02 PM »
I'm sure the answer to this is out there somewhere, but I haven't managed to phrase the query in such a way that a search brings useful results.

I want to be able to print out a 28mm paper model. Commercial ones are already set up correctly, but how do I make the image the right size in an image editor so that it prints out the right size? Other than printing it out lots of times until it works.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: A Question Regarding Paper Modelling
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »
If it's a PDF you probably just need to make sure you have selected "Actual size" and not "Fit" or "Shrink oversized pages" which will change the scaling.

If it's a raster image (JPG, PNG, etc), you need to figure out the appropriate scaling and then specify it for the program. I mainly use PaintShop Pro, in which the print dialog lets you specify the printed width, height, and/or scale. If you don't know the scale, in PSP when you draw a selection box around something, it shows the box's dimensions (in pixels) in the lower right corner, so find something you know the size of (e.g. if there are grid squares that's an easy reference) and draw a box around it. The specifics will differ in other programs though.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster