Author Topic: Nuke-Con, Omaha NE, 2+ Sessions  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
Nuke-Con, Omaha NE, 2+ Sessions
« on: April 28, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »
I will be running at least 2 sessions. I will be running the same session I ran last year on Friday and then the following part of the story on Saturday. I may run a plot-thin dungeon crawl, but I'll have to see how my schedule looks.

Whole weekend registration is $30, pretty cheap really. http://fallout.nuke-con.com/badges/56/Nuke-Con+2016
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Nuke-Con, Omaha NE, 2+ Sessions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 09:58:59 AM »
Darn, too far for a day trip and I just burned my Spring gaming budget on a  trip to the MtG GP in New Mexico.

-BP

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:00:17 AM »
I registered my events a couple weeks ago, and it is just the two RMU games. The session I ran last year should be on Friday night, and the new session (takes place approximately a month after the prior) should be on Saturday.
The actual schedule isn't out yet, that's why I say "should". But the scheduler knows that they are supposed to be in sequence.
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 03:38:53 PM »
Schedule is out!
www.nuke-con.com

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 02:49:29 PM »
Both sessions were a hit with the players. I only had 3 for part 1 on Friday and 4 for part 2 on Saturday, but 2 players in both(1 my wife.) Most of the players (not wife) had very little and old experience with ICE (Spacemaster, MERP...) over 2 decades ago, or none at all. The guy who was in both sessions had no experience, and I know him from work and boardgaming.

I am going to be changing my structure up a bit. Nuke-con runs 1.5hr slots, so an rpg need to be 3 hours or risk player commitment/interest by claiming 3 slots(4.5hrs.) So instead of designing 3 conflicts--an intro combat, a moderate combat, and a 'boss' combat--with spanning rp scenes into just 2(intro and boss) with interlacing rp scenes. I'll also be slimming down the pre-gen PCs. So far I have been using my typical PC char sheets in order to give players a full example of what Rolemaster is. After last year I had considered using Creature Law's archetypes & levels to create PCs, but I forgot until I was 90% done with making full characters.  :o I think instead I will go for something in between and just display my full char sheet after the session has concluded to anyone with interest.

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 02:35:30 PM »
I'm purposefully posting way ahead of the event, so reserve that time if you're interested!

Nuke-Con made some changes to goals and structures last year and it seemed to really serve us well. Attendance was up and new initiatives were greeted with enthusiasm.

My plan remains the same this year as last year, just one chapter further into the larger narrative. On Friday I will run Chapter 2, which debuted last year. On Saturday I will debut Chapter 3. Chapter 1 will have no presence at Nuke-Con this year, though I hope to get gm prep work done and then start messing around with running the game on-line.

I am still considering running a very combat-centered and simplistic rpg session, perhaps RM or maybe not, or I might just run some boardgames. This all depends on what kind of time I need to put in actually working the con.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 09:28:29 PM »
Success and Luck!