Author Topic: Shapechanger talent  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Shapechanger talent
« on: April 29, 2016, 04:27:04 PM »
The talent costs 35 dp and it requires the character to make a Very Hard (-40) Self Discipline roll. The character I am thinking of allowing this on is a druid Gnome whose SD bonus is a +7. That gives them a bonus of a +14 to the roll and with the -40 that equates to a total modifier of -26.  The character needs to roll an open-ended total of a 127 to succeed in changing.

Is this right?

It all seems a little much especially with the 35 DP cost.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Shapechanger talent
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »
You roll on the Percentage column and keep adding the results to a running total until the cumulative result equals or exceeds 100%. So average rolls of 50 with -26 means 20% on an average round, so 5 rounds like that would reach 100%.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Re: Shapechanger talent
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 04:48:27 PM »
oh, haha, I completely read over that....
I was thinking of allowing the Vivamancer spell "Animal Transformations" scaled up to include Physical Attacks, Movement Type, and Senses as a Blood Magic talent. The caveats would be he could only use it on himself and he would have to develop the "Use Blood Magic: Utility" skill.
Does that sound feasible?
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!