Author Topic: Rolemaster Spell Cards  (Read 1832 times)

Offline planeflake

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster Spell Cards
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »
Spell cards draft one - Please let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Rolemaster/Monk%20Spell%20Lists%20-%20Done/7.1%20Body%20Reins?preview=7.1+Body+Reins.pdf

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Rolemaster Spell Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »
Your link didn't work for me, and doesn't look like a typical Dropbox share link. You have to click the Share button, Create Link, then Copy Link (online) or in Windows right-click the file and pick Copy Dropbox Link.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline planeflake

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 06:43:15 AM »
Is this better?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f3mmkhg9zuzbfg/7.1%20Body%20Reins.pdf?dl=0

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:23 AM »
Yes, that works.

Compared to systems where you have to pick and choose which spells to use each day, in RM you will always be playing with a full deck. ;) Downside of that for spell cards is that you will likely have a lot of them.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 01:39:54 PM »
Might be especially good for Semis, who don't have as many spells.

Graphics are nice.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 11:52:52 PM »
I was thinking, "Man! I am going to have to have a deck of spell cards equal to 2-3 regular playing card decks." So, these don't seem very practical to me. They do look nice, but just not practical.

Something more like an auto-fill sheet where you type in the Spell List Title, then the number of ranks and the lines below fill out the spells you have access to and the various details of those spells (duration, components, etc...). That I would snatch up in a heartbeat.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline planeflake

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 04:35:13 AM »
I have the raw data in JSON and CSV format. If you check out this link https://crobi.github.io/rpg-cards/generator/generate.html. You can use this site to create a template and I can help you auto fill it with. Using this you can create whatever cards you want. If you want a list of all spells with the base details but not spell details, no problem. You just need ot setup a template.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »
I'm not the official voice on this, but in the past ICE has not wanted so much of their IP to be in a free format. You should talk to them before sharing the full data set.

I agree with RandalThor, though, that a format that shows the spell list up to your level learned and calculates all the range, level, etc for you might be more useful for RM than one spell per card.

Offline planeflake

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »
Had a quick test, it is not pretty but did you mean more like this? Also I did make another post earlier asking if this would be a problem, me making the cards but no one replied.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfc4vwcf5w0n5fr/Rolemaster-test.pdf?dl=0

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »
Maybe get the spell parameters at fixed positions and put the spell description after each spell? You also need the spell level since that is the PP cost.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »
If ICE doesn't want that much IP available for free, consider seeing if you can sell it as an add-on to ERA or something.  It's pretty slick.

Offline planeflake

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 04:25:39 AM »
You cant do fixed positions with this system, I have tried. I am happy with the spell cards. Yes I have a lot but I play a warrior monk/monk. I do feel sorry for the magician :P. I have csv files with all of the information in so if people want me to share them let me know. If anyone is interested in helping me type up the non ocr spell lists that would also be great.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 07:13:12 AM »
If ICE doesn't want that much IP available for free, consider seeing if you can sell it as an add-on to ERA or something.  It's pretty slick.
ERA already has all the spell descriptions and parameters.
When a character is added to an adventure, the GM can check the information in the automatic and non-automatic spell casting actions.
The player also gets to have all this information from a smartphone/tablet using the character status module. They can filter a spell by name, list and description. All the parameters are also shown, and the player can check the required roll to succeed, depending on the number of preparation rounds.

As regards the IP issue, I think that ICE will not allow the content of all spell descriptions to be distributed for free. Still, you should contact them to see if there is some middle ground that you can reach with them, so that those who would benefit from your work can access it.