Author Topic: Some artworks  (Read 22445 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Some artworks
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2013, 04:30:13 PM »
Aaah, there it is. Cool.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
Shameless stole a copy of the Bridge District for my next game. Excellent work! Very Inspirational.

Offline ironmaul

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I'll work for free, if you can pay all my debts.
    • The Art of Rick Hansen
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »
Excellent work there Dain! Love the style of the second one, would've like to see that applied to the first map, black & white can be a bit to stark for the eyes sometimes.

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2013, 12:09:43 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys

Excellent work there Dain! Love the style of the second one, would've like to see that applied to the first map, black & white can be a bit to stark for the eyes sometimes.
I can comprehend that. On the other hand, the B/W illustration took me 20min to do it, whereas the other one ... more than 30. I guess it makes a big difference at the end of the day ;)

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »
Hi guys,
Playing with the idea of drawing Belynar for Harp, I'm working on a new style.
What do you think of this style? Not Belynar yet, but will work on it straight after ;)

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2013, 09:17:49 AM »
I think it's a great style!!!! :)

Is it all an island? I think the broken water ripples need to go all the way around or have a faint outline of any adjoining lands.
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2013, 09:45:00 AM »
I think it's a great style!!!! :)
Is it all an island? I think the broken water ripples need to go all the way around or have a faint outline of any adjoining lands.
Thanks,
It's an island/ continent, indeed, as much as Australia can be seen as an island ^^

About the ripples, I'm toying with the idea. It's gonna be all around obviously in the end. I'm still wondering whether it'll be better to use this style or another, like clouds of 1pix dots with various density, woodcut style waves, texture etc.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2013, 12:24:39 PM »
Yeah, that is really good. Throw some color and a little more detail and we got ourselves a winna!
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »
Hi guys,
Playing with the idea of drawing Belynar for Harp, I'm working on a new style.
What do you think of this style? Not Belynar yet, but will work on it straight after ;)

Very nice work. I like how the mountain chains turned out (always had problems with that myself).
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »
I love the overall look... but something seems to make the apparent perspective of the flatlands, lakes etc. slightly disagree with the apparent perspective of the mountains. I'm not sure what it is, and I may be fooling myself, but it's as if you're looking at the flats more straight down, and the mountains at more of an oblique.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2013, 06:40:29 AM »
Many thanks for the feedback. It keeps the motivation high!

Yeah, that is really good. Throw some color and a little more detail and we got ourselves a winna!
Yeah, i will certainly consider making one in color. I've got quite some inspiration pictures in store. We'll see how it goes.

I love the overall look... but something seems to make the apparent perspective of the flatlands, lakes etc. slightly disagree with the apparent perspective of the mountains. I'm not sure what it is, and I may be fooling myself, but it's as if you're looking at the flats more straight down, and the mountains at more of an oblique.
There are a lot of details that need to be added. I'm still in the early process, figuring out what to add, what style to choose for forests, hills, plains, shores etc.. Consistency of the isometric view is one of the things I need to polish.
Well spotted anyway, your eyes were absolutely right :P

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2013, 05:59:19 AM »
Its a new take on the Fenlon style; which is a big plus! I love those maps where you can spot the little details and perhaps describe mountain ranges the players approach based on the graphics.

But as always, your style pops and is crystal clear, which I like. With color (but not too much) I'm sure your new style will stand out among many.
Game On!

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »
A small update before my move to Italy

Just a small addition to figure out what style to use. Grayscale so far but will be in color eventually.
Enjoy!

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »
Really like all your artwork, Dain... absolutely gorgeous and very inspirational.

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2013, 09:31:43 AM »
<sneak>

<scarf>
Save Picture As...
</scarf>

</sneak>

Lovely artwork.  How much can I steal and use for my world as long as I say you drew them? ;)

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
I thought the B/W image was gorgeous but the Grayscale version is superb!!! I can't wait for the colour version! :)
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »
I like it. The perspective is starting to come more into line too.

However, you do realize that both of your seas/large lakes will be heavily salt, since neither has any outlet. Personally I would decide that the one to the NW would be so salty you can't possibly sink in it, but I'd put an outlet leading ESE from the other one to the ocean. YMMV.

Also, the current map leaves nearly half the continent (NE) with no rivers at all large enough to show on this scale map. To me, that says about 1/4 of the continent is howling desert wasteland, or I would put a river in it somewhere, possibly from that major central peak cluster to the notched bay on the NE coast.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2014, 12:06:50 PM »
Hi guys,
Illustrations and maps on their way for an awesome MidnightD20 adventure and here is one that won't be included in the book.
Therefore, time to share it with you. Might be useful for someone ... hopefully ;)

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2014, 07:58:23 AM »
In case it may be useful for someone, here's another illustration done recently. Just something personal, in between several commissions ^^

Hope you'll like it ;)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »
fabulous.  niiiice.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.