Author Topic: RM Office (RMFRP pc/npc generator)  (Read 16083 times)

Offline wannabcn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RM Office (RMFRP pc/npc generator)
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »
Thanks,
The thing is, the weight penalty only makes sense as a negative value, and for some reason Magistrate wrote on Bugfixes:
- PDF: Weight penalty can't be lower than 0 anymore
This cancels the whole purpose of this value. Of course, I can still calculate it myself as I have been doing until now, but I don't see the reason why this is done this way. It can't never be lower than 0, and it can't never be higher (the book rules), so it's always 0.  ???

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 06:06:04 PM »
 My bad, I am not familiar with the program. But if I had to guess the negative is already in the equation and people were putting in a negative value and it was added to the weight instead of subtracting from it.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Rolemaster Office - free PC/NPC RMFRP generator
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 11:26:34 AM »
Hi wannabcn,
I thought this was an internal software bug but obviously there is still a bug in the software with negative weights in the equipment. You can type negative weights, but the weight is not show in the PDF.
I can fix this, but what do you expect at all?
Do you want negative weights?
On the PDF at bottom of page 4 currently there is something like this: - 18 kg: 0 | 18 - 36 kg: -8 | 36 - 54 kg: -16 | 54 - 72 kg: -24)
What do you expect if you only carry negative weights? Seems totally strange to me ...

[EDIT]
I think, perhaps,  there is a misunderstanding. The penalty must be a positive number to be a negative bonus.
On PDF it is of course negative number because I print the bonus on the sheet.
Download free PC/NPC RMFRP generator ( Nov 08, 2018 v4.3.18 ): http://rmoffice.sf.net/

Offline wannabcn

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 03:41:21 PM »
Ok my bad, I found my mistake. I was not marking the square for "carrying" or however it is in English. I thought it was something like wearing clothes (which don't count as extra weight I think). Now it works perfectly, thanks for your reply and again, great work!

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 02:40:22 PM »
Rolemaster Office 4.3.5 is released.
A lot of user feedback (thanks :-) ) -> A lot of fixed bugs.

Enhancements
BASIC: Add training package spell lists

Bug Fixes
LOCALE: Outrider and Swashbuckler were switched
BASIC: Realm of power can be edited for NON-Spelluser with stats IN, EM, or PR
BASIC: Fixed stats of Science/Analytic from Me/Re/Me to Re/Me/Re
BASIC: Fixed Armsmaster's Artistic Active category from 2/4 to 2/5
BASIC: Reversed costs of Tech./Trade - Profes. and Tech./Trade - Vocati.
BASIC: Armor penalty updated after skill category special bonus modification
BASIC: fix development points rounding (66.5 is now 67)
BASIC: add stats St/Ag/SD to skill category special attacks
BASIC: fix spell list profession bonus for all professions
NPC: All weapons are marked as favorite to avoid non-weapon characters
Download free PC/NPC RMFRP generator ( Nov 08, 2018 v4.3.18 ): http://rmoffice.sf.net/

Offline grahamniknod12345g

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »
Hi magistrate.... may be a big ask bu can you incorporate into rm office the other setting books espec black opps? or s that to much work for you?

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2014, 10:35:09 AM »
Hi grahamniknod12345g, I can add new content from any books easily (you too, of course, with a bit knowledge in computer science). Is the data (costs, profs, trainPacks, etc.) available in a file like JDale Excel, yet? Or in any other computer readable format (CSV, ODT, TXT)? I don't want to typewrite all the data myself.
The main difference are the new skill and categories, I can add them easily. The new categories might be annoying for the Fantasy users ...
If the data is available in digital form I will think about it how to implement it smoth into RM Office.

Offline enoch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • just me
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »
I have a problem with customizing the races. I've followed your directions  but when I restart RMOffice all I see are the default races.

I've stripped out all of the MERP and Shadoworld races, basically going back to just the core RMFRP races. It's not a deal-breaker, but it's annoying to have all those races we don't use in the list. Plus, I only have Elves, no subgroups. Same for Halflings. Any ideas on what I can do?

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »
Hi enoch,
if you don't want to see the standard races please exclude them: check chapter 2 race exclusion http://rmoffice.sourceforge.net/readme.html#d341e156
That way you can exclude all races but you custom races.

Elves subgroups? You mean the cultures? These are only for humans/hybrids.

Offline enoch

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • just me
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »
Naturally, I found the exclusion instructions after I posted my question. Some problems still persist...

By elven subgroups I meant high elves, grey elves, wood elves. The same for the different "subgroups" of halflings (haerfeet, etc.).

It seems like RMOffice isn't reading my races.conf and cultures.conf files. When I launch RMOffice all I see are the two races I've left alone, dwarves and gnomes. In my races.conf file I have 4 races listed and I changed the ID# for my "new" races: elf (ID#1004), halfling (ID#1002), man (ID#1001), orc (ID#1003). I also followed the instructions for the cultures, adding the new ID#s to the appropriate cultures and then copying the rows into the cultures.conf file.

Offline Grey Pilgrim

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
First of all, thanks for such a great tool! It really helps. Question: is there a way to track DP expenditures? I am not seeing how to currently.

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2014, 02:14:07 AM »
Grey Pilgrim, click the blue button "Start Level-up Mode" and your DPs and the left DPs will be shown.
Before starting the level up mode you should adjust the stats for the new level.
If you want to add Training packages you have to add them before starting Leve-up mode and distribute skill rangs beofre, too. Otherwise the rang changes would be count in DP costs.

But it is not possible to shown the DPs expenditures from the old levels.

Offline Grey Pilgrim

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2014, 08:00:58 AM »
Grey Pilgrim, click the blue button "Start Level-up Mode" and your DPs and the left DPs will be shown.
Before starting the level up mode you should adjust the stats for the new level.
If you want to add Training packages you have to add them before starting Leve-up mode and distribute skill rangs beofre, too. Otherwise the rang changes would be count in DP costs.

But it is not possible to shown the DPs expenditures from the old levels.

Thanks for the speedy reply! If I add a training package, I'll need to manually subtract the DP cost from the remaining DP, correct?

One more question as well. Is there a way to remove a Training Package after adding it? I ask because it seems that adding a Training Package automatically calculates the category ranks it provides. If I go in and remove the Training package, those ranks seem to remain. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »
Hi, sorry, you can only remove the label but not the ranks that were distributed (manually or automatically).

Offline Bladorthin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2014, 11:57:25 PM »
Hi, sorry, you can only remove the label but not the ranks that were distributed (manually or automatically).

That's slightly awkward, as my players are renowned for being unable to make up their minds and love to switch things around up until the last second when they present the character to me. I'll make sure to remind them to make sure that they are happy with their TP choices before adding them.

Still, great program! I have three players that have never played RM before and I am sure that this will help them...

Offline Bladorthin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2014, 12:18:08 AM »
Actually, I have a question as well. Do you have any plans to allow the skills to print by category (listing the category % and then the individual skill % underneath them), similar to the old Rolemaster Character Records? It's certainly not a huge deal, but it is my preferred way of seeing the skills listed.

Thanks!

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »
Hi Bladorthin, you can sort the skills on PDF page 1 ( only the favorites ) in your own order.
Just put the order number in the first column of the skills table.
But there is not category as separator ...
(And I have no other plans, yet. Currently I just maintain RMO, means no new features)

Btw. RMO 4.3.7 is released with some bug fixes today

Offline Bladorthin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »
Thanks a lot, we have been using this exclusively for our characters. One bug I've found that I was wondering if you could fix for us. The Talent: Archemage Ability. The Major/Greater versions do not change the Open cost to 4/4/4 (and the closed to 4/4/4 with Greater). It shows the cost at the top of the skills folder–but when you add the lists it uses the original costs. Any chance you can fix this, as one of our characters has the talent?

Thanks again!

Offline Magistrate

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2014, 03:44:08 PM »
Thanks Bladorthin for the bug report.
I've fixed the bug in version 4.3.8. You can download it, now.

Offline grumhs

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »
Hello,

this application is great, the only thing that I would add is the option to use a fixed number of development points instead of using the average of the character attributes, I feel that this game needs at least 85 points or even 90 per level and sometimes this number is very slow, and also think that is good to distribute your creation points in the attributes that a player really want rather than thinking also in the attributes that are giving development points.

Another option that I would like is to be able to create new skills and being able to select the development point progression or if they have an special development like -15/1/1/1, and also if they are standard, combined or restricted.

I do not know if is very difficult but I can help you if you want.