Author Topic: Scope of the Ritual  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Scope of the Ritual
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »

Hi all,

Am considering the restorative effects of the ritual. Specifically the effects on previously existing forests, large and small. Does it simple cause old seeds to sprout and petrified trunks to revive and bud -or- did the Ritual cause entire trees to grow overnight (especially towering hard woods of the deeper Elven forests)?

Thoughts?
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
Re: Scope of the Ritual
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »
I would say both. The book describes how crops grew overnight, and even animals (like stionoirs) became mature quickly (in a matter of hours or days, I can't find the exact reference right now). I suppose it would be the same for trees.

But of which forests are you thinking? I thought that the center of Cyradon was mostly plains. In the map I have, the closest forests are quite far (sic). The Ritual was able to heal only a small portion of the Devastation. I assumed that when other Rituals would be perfomed, it will be at the top of Belynar, in line with the "heart" of the land.
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
Re: Scope of the Ritual
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »
I would say both. The book describes how crops grew overnight, and even animals (like stionoirs) became mature quickly (in a matter of hours or days, I can't find the exact reference right now). I suppose it would be the same for trees.

But of which forests are you thinking? I thought that the center of Cyradon was mostly plains. In the map I have, the closest forests are quite far (sic). The Ritual was able to heal only a small portion of the Devastation. I assumed that when other Rituals would be perfomed, it will be at the top of Belynar, in line with the "heart" of the land.

Well there could be individual trees anywhere, but specifically I was thinking of SW of Belynar, on the other side of the mountains, just south of that mesa-like formation.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **