Author Topic: Cyradon revised for HARP 2nd ed...  (Read 5294 times)

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Cyradon revised for HARP 2nd ed...
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:48:38 AM »
When the Cyradon book is revised to HARP 2nd, can we expect to see a new map of Mithra? The current map is grainy grayscale but in contrast the map of Belynar and Cyradon are both lavishly in color.

Regards,

>>ReaperWolf

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Cyradon revised for HARP 2nd ed...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »
HARP is not 2nd edition, it is so far only Enhanced from the first.  There are fewer changes in the current product than there were between the original and the re-release.  We just cleaned up some errors and took out some inconsistencies.

As for Cyradon, it's getting the enhanced version cleanup now. I don't believe there is a plan to redo that artwork (Mithra map) but I'll check with Nicholas. 
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »
As for Cyradon, it's getting the enhanced version cleanup now. I don't believe there is a plan to redo that artwork (Mithra map) but I'll check with Nicholas. 

Re: Cyradon - a couple comments. Pg 145 of the PDF - Removing the blurring around the numbers of locations would be cool, they obscure landmarks ... plus a scale for the map. On page 175 of the PDF - a scale for the Sefnar map would be cool as well. Is the main E_W avenue say 20' wide or 50' wide ...

Thanks,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »
Has the revised edition of Cyradon come out  yet?
This topic is old and it was stated that Cyradon was being worked on way back in January of this year, that is 9 months + ago.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:21:48 PM »
Has the revised edition of Cyradon come out  yet?
This topic is old and it was stated that Cyradon was being worked on way back in January of this year, that is 9 months + ago.

Bruce

not yet. It needs its Bestiary chapter to be revised and that needs us to have built up more steam on HARP Bestiary. However we have carried on with module production so that when it is ready we can follow it with a stream of modules and make it thrive this time around.

best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
not yet. It needs its Bestiary chapter to be revised and that needs us to have built up more steam on HARP Bestiary. However we have carried on with module production so that when it is ready we can follow it with a stream of modules and make it thrive this time around.

best wishes,
Nicholas

I hope so, and I hope it is soon. Though my finances aren't really that great right now, I will still do my best to purchase these as I need them.

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
Allen Maher's scenarios in the Vault will also be revised to become new Cyradon modules.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 10:03:17 AM »
Allen Maher's scenarios in the Vault will also be revised to become new Cyradon modules.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Really? They will become official modules? Great! Will there be more maps of Belynar?  ;D
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 03:45:17 PM »
[...] As for Cyradon, [...]  I don't believe there is a plan to redo that artwork (Mithra map) but I'll check with Nicholas. 
Any news about it? What about Belynar as well, are any maps on the burners?
I'm asking because I've been playing with the idea of making one of Belynar (one in B/W handdrawn and another digital-like) for too much time now. I've waited enough I guess.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:13 PM »
[...] As for Cyradon, [...]  I don't believe there is a plan to redo that artwork (Mithra map) but I'll check with Nicholas. 
Any news about it? What about Belynar as well, are any maps on the burners?
I'm asking because I've been playing with the idea of making one of Belynar (one in B/W handdrawn and another digital-like) for too much time now. I've waited enough I guess.

I'd love to see a new map of Belynar, having found the old a tad hard to fathom. The locations for various modules could be folded in as the modules are released (via PDF re-release or such).
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline -Dain-

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:01 AM »
The locations for various modules could be folded in as the modules are released (via PDF re-release or such).
Cyradon's world has only one book so far, right? We can indeed have a "living map" to update along the way.
It shouldn't be too much trouble then  ;D