Author Topic: AutoHARP 1.0.6 Now Available  (Read 3257 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
AutoHARP 1.0.6 Now Available
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:15:06 PM »
I have gotten word the new AutoHARP files are up and available. Here's the article from the SourceForge Blog.

------
I have sent the new files for AutoHARP 1.0.6 to Iron Crown and I have been informed they are up and ready for download on RPGNow.net. This version is more geared towards the new application Architect which is a front end for the databases. I plan to release Architect here soon. There have been some extensive database changes to support Architect's interface and in trying to keep the software consistent. I will supply a change log of updates when I compile them. The biggest changes you will see is that SpellList and Spells have been combined into one file called Spells...xml. The Critical table folder has been removed and those tables combined into one file called Criticals...xml. MagicItems had quite an overhaul and Combat has a new database structure for Weapons. Again, I will supply a change log with the changes

There is also a change to the OB/DB tab when it comes to the Offensive information. Weapons are now categorized according to WeaponClass->WeaponGroup->WeaponName. I have also updated the installation files themselves to make installing the application a lot easier. Right now AutoHARP should work right out of the box. So if you purchase/download Harp Fantasy for AutoHARP, it will install the whole package, whereas before it installed a Demo and you had to install the full database. Also when you install Martial Law and College of Magics the application will now automically adjust your config.xml file so you can use these databases out of the box as well without any additional setup from the user.

Other than that, aside from other bug fixes which will be described when get a change log compiled, this release is mostly due to Architect and issues people were having with installation.
As for the future. Architect will be released soon, hopefully in the next week, or a couple of weeks. After this future releases will be bug fixes exclusively. I plan to address the Cantrips issue for the 1.0.7 release. That fix is quite invasive with the code and hopefully the new setup for the database will make it easier to address. So

AutoHARP
1.0.7: Cantrips issue. Other bugs.
1.0.8-1.0.9 (releases pending a 1.1 release)
1.1: This will be a bit of an overhaul to the engine and to some of the GUI. I have researched a new way to render some data and I plan to use this interface for part of AutoHARP and for Architect. I also plan to address whatever grammar errors exist as I have been made aware of. I am also planning to add programs that will utilize information not used from the Database. For example a Random Herbs Table, information from the CombatTable for Harp Sci-Fi XTreme which are there but not used. The idea is use all information present in the database. I also plan to have a NPC generator for this version. This version will contain other enhancement requests I get from users.

Architect:
1.0.1: Bugs and adjusting the interface to use a new GUI I have researched mentioned above.
I also plan to go over the help files with a better editing pen. I wrote them up quickly and consider them to be a rough draft. Video Tutorials are coming.

That's all for now.

Offline darb

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: AutoHARP 1.0.6 Now Available
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 10:36:37 PM »
I am still playing around with it and will have more comments later, but overall I think it is great the direction you are going.  I am excited to see Architect, I think that will be very useful.  You get a big thumbs up!

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:58:26 AM »
Thanks! Architect should be interesting. It was a rather difficult project and still is. I would be very interested in any feedback from anyone regarding Architect so I can get a better feel for what people are looking for and need.

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 04:59:22 PM »
I'm having a problem where the DP total isn't showing up, so when you buy ranks at first level, for example, I don't see anywhere that the DP tally is showing.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:24:08 AM »
I'm having a problem where the DP total isn't showing up, so when you buy ranks at first level, for example, I don't see anywhere that the DP tally is showing.

Hello Joel,

The DP tally is in the upper left hand corner of the New Level wizard. It should be updated everytime you purchase something for DP. Let me know if you find it.

Cheers.

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »

Hello Joel,

The DP tally is in the upper left hand corner of the New Level wizard. It should be updated everytime you purchase something for DP. Let me know if you find it.

Cheers.

I'm not seeing it anywhere - see link to screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5bo0ksmxlhplkr/Screenshot%202015-08-10%2012.39.26.png?dl=0

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 08:22:37 PM »
I see what is going on here. You are trying to add a level outside of the new level editor. To add a level to a character goto File->New Level or hit the New Level button on the toolbar. You will then get a new level wizard which will guide you through adding a level to the character. The screenshot you showed me is the character skill sheet which can be edited manually like most of the character sheet, but this is done outside of adding a level.

Cheers

Offline joel.lovell

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Author
    • Machinimagine
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:58:05 AM »
I figured out what I was doing wrong - when the dialogue came up about a professional skill would be chosen to get the +10 bonus, I assumed that the skill development wizard that came next was just for selecting that skill, then I hit finish instead of spending the DP's.  :o