Author Topic: ERA Spacemaster: Privateers?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
ERA Spacemaster: Privateers?
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:14:36 PM »
The thread title sums it up really. Does this exist? Will it exist? Is this something I could do myself through customisation of ERA?
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA Spacemaster: Privateers?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:21:51 PM »
It has been mentioned in the advanced customization thread:
here and here.
If there is anything else not mentioned in the thread, please post and I'll be happy to answer (to the best of my knowledge).

I can't rule out creating ERA for Spacemaster. The thing is that I would need a comprehensive list of the changes required. For that, I would need those who know enough of its rules to try ERA out and let me know what is missing.

I know that it would at least imply creating a special list of skills, professions, "spells"(psionics), weapon tables, critical tables, fumble tables. If it were only that, then I can assure you that it is doable, and I would happily prepare it.

But I seem to remember from reading the base book once that there were other changes, such as the measures using a different system, round taking less time, and such. Those changes worry me more, because they would require changing a lot that is fixed into stuff that would change depending on the ruleset (RM vs SM).

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
Re: ERA Spacemaster: Privateers?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 03:50:25 AM »
Cool!

I'll have a look around and see what can be done, and what needs to be done. I hope. :D
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff