Author Topic: Director's Briefing - June 2016  (Read 2152 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - June 2016
« on: June 01, 2016, 03:44:13 PM »
Welcome

To the sixty-first Briefing and the sixth scheduled Briefing of 2016. The days of May melted into a blur of marking and there are still some more assignments requiring grading, but I can sense the first scents of summer freedom.

The Guild Adventurer Issue #4

The Guild Adventurer #4 is now available!

The fourth issue has the following fantastic scenarios:
Who Saves the Savior - a high-level scenario by Robert Defendi for the Echoes of Heaven setting, statted for Rolemaster and HARP.
Unusual Heroes - this low-level scenario by Dennis Larsen pits ordinary folk who might aspire to become adventurers against the braggadacio of experienced sellswords; it is statted for Rolemaster and HARP
Muck and Mire - this standalone scenario by Marc Rosen statted for HARP and Rolemaster will give your PCs an opportunity to get their hands dirty and their feet wet;
Keep of the Damned - this standalone scenario by Ward Miller will satisfy the needs of your HARP and Rolemaster players for a dungeon crawl and general smiting of the Undead.
Eyes of Stone - Terry Amthor reveals some of the mysteries and magic of southeast Emer in this Rolemaster adventure for the Shadow World setting.

The Guild Adventurer is now available on OneBookShelf at the following link:
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/184534/Guild-Adventurer-4?affiliate_id=76493

RMU

Jonathan Dale has posted a number of the revised tables and rulings for RMU Arms & Character Law on the Beta board on the ICE forums, and has been doing a sterling job of explaining changes and responding to queries. He has now completed his pass of changes to the main document, so while Jonathan carries on updating the combat tables, Graham can make use of the completed portions to press ahead with his work on Spell Law.

Adventure Modules and TGA#5?

On the forums, the question has been asked as to if and when there will be a fifth Guild Adventurer? We are definitely committed to publishing adventures and adventure modules (see below). However, we are likely to be trading as Iron Crown Enterprises in the not-too-distant future so TGA#5 might have a new title. Perhaps the Crown Adventurer?

Andrew and Heleen Durston are now formally contracted to write The Trail of the Corrupt, inspired by Colin's first set of adventure seeds. A full draft is expected in August.

Colin's second set of adventure seeds inspired Brad White to submit a proposal for a trilogy of adventure modules. Brad and I have agreed that his module sequence will be written for RMU and HARP, and we are in the process of agreeing a schedule for him to deliver the various module drafts and preparing contracts.

The Shadow World team-written adventure module is quietly coming together.

Shadow World

Terry has been probing his project portfolio and the Eye of Amthor seems at the moment to be resting on Emer I. Progressing Priest-King of Shade to the next stage is also on our intersected todo lists.

HARP

Firstly, on the HARP sourcebook wishlist, I have had some discussions with a prospective author regarding HARP Strongholds. Hopefully this will translate into a full proposal soon.

Secondly I received the very long art list for HARP Folkways from Terry. I am in discussions with various artists to generate the initial art allocations and get them formally commissioned.

Thirdly, I have completed all the text portions of the Demons chapter for HARP Bestiary. That leaves only the stat blocks for the Demons still to be done for that chapter. Looking at Bestiary as a whole, the introduction needs to be collectively written by the team, Colin has a consistency pass on the "Normal Animals" chapter and some work still to complete on "Water Monsters", John has consistency passes on the "Land Monsters", "Air Monsters" and "Dragons" chapters and some work on "Lycanthropes" to complere, while I have outstanding stat block work and consistency passes on the "Undead", "Elemental", and "Demons" chapter to conclude. Then the whole manuscript will require an editing pass and more creature artwork than you can shake a ten-foot pole at. Nevertheless I am feeling very happy about where Bestiary has reached.

Until next time

Back to exorcising the residual marking demons. The next scheduled Briefing will be in July.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Guild Companion Publications Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline jcoggins

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - June 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 08:34:25 PM »
Will Guild Adventurer #4 be offered as a soft cover POD book through RPGNow?

Jason

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 04:16:36 AM »
Say, isn't Who Saves the Savior supposed to be statted for RM as well as HARP?
I made some things! Azukail Games

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 04:34:44 AM »
Say, isn't Who Saves the Savior supposed to be statted for RM as well as HARP?

Yes, it is. The table got misplaced in Terry's first pass and I missed that it had not moved into the right place. Will get that fixed asap.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 05:56:47 AM »
Table fixed.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell