Author Topic: Most abusive RM2 classes/spell lists  (Read 5413 times)

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Most abusive RM2 classes/spell lists
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 11:02:38 AM »

Ah, High Stat abilities, from Rolemaster Companion III I think. I ran an epic campaign long ago were each character was the chosen champion of one of the good gods. Each got to have a 110 in one relevant stat.

110 for free?  OMG!  But that wasn't rules breaking the game, it was a Gift from the GM to allow players a freebie 110 and the use of that Optional Rule.  My Cavalier had a really high bonus in Strength and Con and was allowed to use the optional rules for high stats and it made him pretty powerful, but he had to die from a well placed 99-E Cold crit after a two-semester long campaign and be brought back to life by a level 50-ish Dragon to get that stat and even that was based on a roll of the dice by the GM for me to receive it.  I wasn't allowed to choose the stat that received the high bonus, that too was random.  Allowing every one a 110 in the stat of their choice is definitely gearing up for a mythic, heroic, biblical campaign.

Chaotic warrior!!!!

Yes!  Definitely something very powerful.  The Chaos Crits are insane!  So are the Time Crits for that matter, but not nearly as bad as what Chaos crits can do to a player.  "Foe's arm is tuned into a random creature's appendage."  One of our PCs ended up with a crab claw for an arm..... but otherwise unharmed.   ;)
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline vector

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 03:44:10 PM »
110 for free?  OMG!  But that wasn't rules breaking the game, it was a Gift from the GM to allow players a freebie 110 and the use of that Optional Rule.  My Cavalier had a really high bonus in Strength and Con and was allowed to use the optional rules for high stats and it made him pretty powerful, but he had to die from a well placed 99-E Cold crit after a two-semester long campaign and be brought back to life by a level 50-ish Dragon to get that stat and even that was based on a roll of the dice by the GM for me to receive it.  I wasn't allowed to choose the stat that received the high bonus, that too was random.  Allowing every one a 110 in the stat of their choice is definitely gearing up for a mythic, heroic, biblical campaign.

Technically it was a 110 potential, which the players developed towards as they leveled. They didn't have a 110 at the beginning.

You're right, it wasn't rules breaking the game because the campaign was designed with it in mind. Since everyone had an epic character no one felt short-changed or overshadowed.

Ah, the irony of mentioning a Cavalier in a discussion about abusive game breaking rules! LOL (DnD reference, not Rolemaster)

Loved Chaotic Warriors, as they were the shock troops of the Big Bad in that epic campaign. I did tone down the Chaos angle of the class in favor of turning up the Demonic.

No matter how awesome you are in Rolemaster, a good crit can always do you in!

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 06:55:45 AM »

No matter how awesome you are in Rolemaster, a good crit can always do you in!

Amen brother!   ;D

The PC in our campaign was a Drow Elf who was good at hiding his proclivities from the rest of the group.  He regularly worshipped the Chaos god and was rewarded/cursed with the crab arm.  There was interesting debate between the shame, depression, negatives he should be operating at vs. the fact that he wanted that gift from his god and that he should be happy and accepting of it. 

One of the Companions had the Gift and Geas charts for chaos.  I (as GM) conveniently left a set of Chaos Dice (from a C&T companion) for the travelers to find.  Sadly, one of the players was able to identify the bone dice for what they were and the group balked at taking a roll on them.  Another group from a different campaign took a roll on them and had some fun.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 07:04:51 AM »
Someone reminded me of the existence of the Arcist... Create your own spell lists so that they contain all and only the "interesting"/powerful spells, with no empty slot? Checked.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Duette-1

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 07:26:26 AM »
Archmage
Magus
Archmage
Runemaster
Archmage and
Archmage