Author Topic: Director's Briefing - May 2017  (Read 1660 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - May 2017
« on: May 04, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »
Welcome

To the seventy-second Briefing and the fifth scheduled Briefing of 2017.

ICE at GenCon 2017

Another month closer to GenCon. Colin is gathering information on who is available to assist on the stand, who will be running games, and so forth. We will be determining how many copies of which products we need printed and organising with Pointy Hat Games the sanest way of getting the books to GenCon. Lots and lots of details to sort out.

HARP

We made the very minor corrections to HARP Fantasy and the updated pdf has been uploaded. If you purchased the pdf and have not downloaded the update, please do so. We have also updated the print masters, and HARP Fantasy is now available again in softcover and hardcover. (Again, for the avoidance of doubt, none of the changes are significant – it is a handful of numbers in the monsters chapter and the category heading in the master skill table – so if you already own a printed softcover or hardcover of HARP Fantasy, you do not need to buy another copy unless you actually need another copy.)

The print masters for HARP Folkways arrived and both Terry and I can report that we are very happy with how they turned out. HARP Folkways is now available on OneBookShelf in pdf, softcover, and hardcover.

The OBS link for HARP Folkways is: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/206638/HARP-Folkways&affiliate_id=76493

On HARP Bestiary, it is a three-writer race as to whether John, Colin or I will finish first. John has been making headway on statting the Demons. Colin could snatch victory at any point where there is a pause in GenCon preparations as he is down to double-checking his stats, and I’m a third of the way through totalling up skill bonuses on Elementals. Over the next week or so, you will find me on the Cambridge-Ipswich trains with the Elemental chapter open in Word and a stat array spreadsheet open in Excel on my tablet at the same time and a printout of the master skill table in my other hand.

Some time ago, we put out a call for proposals on various new HARP projects. I received a really strong proposal for HARP Subterfuge and am currently discussing it with the prospective author.

AutoHARP for HARP

Version 2.2 of AutoHARP Architect has been released so if you already own a copy of this software, please update at your earliest convenience. There will be a version 2.3 of AutoHARP and there will be a AutoHARP Folkways dataset, released with the 2.3 edition.

Rolemaster

Jonathan and Joeri are still crunching numbers on Creature Law. Obviously the second race is my hand calculations on 50 monster blocks for HARP Bestiary versus Jonathan’s mastery of the spreadsheet on hundreds of different monsters.

Shadow World

Terry is pushing himself extremely hard to get two new products ready for GenCon 2017. Haalkitaine is still first on his list, with an enhanced version of Jaiman being pulled forward to be the second targeted product.

Until next time

Now where was I? Climbing is Ag and SD, Chi Defense is …

The next scheduled Briefing will be in June 2017.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
Re: Director's Briefing - May 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »
We will be determining how many copies of which products we need printed and organising with Pointy Hat Games the sanest way of getting the books to GenCon.
You may have considered this already, but if the materials are not already produced in hard copy yet you might look into having them printed 'locally'.  I know there are various things to think about with that (how good a job they'll do, etc), but the cost to ship paper might justify it.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss