Author Topic: Wolvesbane  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Wolvesbane
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:00:20 AM »
i have introduced the poison Wolvesbane to my campaign as a foil for werewolves.
Was wondering what effect to give it. was thinking of making it Slaying vs Wolves of any type. maybe it does 2-H-sword damage + a slaying crit on a letter result?
Any ideas?

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Wolvesbane
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 06:28:32 AM »
That seems pretty powerful.  You're already boosting the attack to 2H sword then giving Slaying Crits on top of that.  How "common" are werewolves in your world and more importantly, how powerful are they?  Slaying crits are pretty nasty on their own.  Is the target going to get a RR vs. Poison?

* - Does anyone know if RM2 has Wolfsbane in one of the companions?  I don't have them with me atm to look.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »

they cant be harmed by magical weapons.
the poison will only effect them if they deal a critical.
in my game crits only happen on an open-ended roll.
thats give you about a 5% chance of getting one thru for a crit.
these creatures are not that common but they are powerful. they cannot be harmed by non-magical weapons or non-silver weapons.
one of them took on 8 mid-level characters and held its own. thats because only 3 ppl had the means to dmg it.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 11:54:35 AM »
If you have crits occur so infrequently, then maybe the additional (2-H sword) damage is enough.
Maybe a proximity/contact/exposure RR might work. Results starting with penalties, S/SNP/SMP effects, damage or even crits, depending on the RR fail.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Druss_the_Legend

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 05:03:01 PM »
If you have crits occur so infrequently, then maybe the additional (2-H sword) damage is enough.
Maybe a proximity/contact/exposure RR might work. Results starting with penalties, S/SNP/SMP effects, damage or even crits, depending on the RR fail.

cool! cheers. will look at adding penalties based on RR failure.