Author Topic: Overland Travel  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Overland Travel
« on: July 06, 2010, 01:35:27 AM »
Hi folks,

I remember RM rules for Overland Travel and movement, as well as pursuit (Hue & Cry). Are these something that appeared in RMC?

If so, where can I find them?

Thanks.

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Overland Travel
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
Ok, so I found the "hue & cry" stuff in the encounter section of Creatures & Treasures, but not the stuff on overland travel for characters and forced march, or anything.

Am I just missing it somewhere?

Thanks.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:49 PM »
What books do you have to look at?

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 12:27:46 AM »
Hi Mark,

I have RMC: Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law, and Creatures & Treasures. I am in the process of reading through Character Law (as I haven't read through it since it first came out), and have skimmed the others to try and find what I am looking for.

Thanks.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:30:31 AM »
Is this the table you are looking for? (see attached image)

It was part of the older RM's Campaign Law, and since we haven't published a Campaign Law for RMC yet, it hasn't been republished yet.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »
Hi Mark,

I have RMC: Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law, and Creatures & Treasures. I am in the process of reading through Character Law (as I haven't read through it since it first came out), and have skimmed the others to try and find what I am looking for.

Thanks.

I am glad that Rasyr found it as he can place content in posts where as I would have to just give an outline of the movement or give you a page #.
Copy, save and print that image as it can be very useful.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 10:36:10 AM »
Awesome Rasyr. Thank you!

That is exactly what I was looking for. I remembered the table from the original RM2 stuff.

Any idea when Campaign Law might be released at this point?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:19:37 PM »
Any idea when Campaign Law might be released at this point?

Unfortunately no. We had some folks working on it at one point, but some issues cropped up, so the project was put on hold until we had more time to properly address things (time we haven't had yet). Meanwhile, we have opened things up for submissions, so if somebody wanted to do a proposal for it, we would definitely look at the proposal.

Offline Melkor

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply Tim.

Are the original RM2 Campaign Law pages available anywhere for PDF download?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 06:56:57 AM »
Are the original RM2 Campaign Law pages available anywhere for PDF download?

Before you asked, the only place to acquire the Character Law portion of RM2's Character & Campaign Law would have been through purchasing the whole book from the Online Store.

However, since you asked so nicely, I talked with Bruce and we decided to split Campaign Law off into its own product for those wanting just that.

It isn't anything fancy, just a PDF made from scans of the pages (i.e. it is not searchable). You can now find it at:
[Dead Link Removed by Admin]

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:46:54 AM by Thom @ ICE, Reason: [Dead Link Removed by Admin] »

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »
Kinda related.. has this marketing idea happened before? I think offering pg by pg scans (search able would be nice  :) ) of books could be worth it.

Sure, it should be less expensive for the buyer if they want the entire thing, but what if you just want a scan of a table in an old RoCo X? (that's just an example.. you may not be able to offer those books, I understand.)

On the ICE/Mjolnir side, it might not be worth added hassle of setting it up... just an idea. ;)
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"

Offline Trainwreck

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
Does anyone still have those scans or is campaign law available for purchase somewhere now? I haven't played in a long time. I just bought the other 4 books and I'm teaching my sons how to play. It would be useful. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »
Does anyone still have those scans or is campaign law available for purchase somewhere now? I haven't played in a long time. I just bought the other 4 books and I'm teaching my sons how to play. It would be useful. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.

Because this thread is so old, which books do you have and which you are you looking for?
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline Dunadan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 07:16:51 PM »
I also was looking for details on overland (and river) travel. In the end I spent a bit of time looking on the web and came up with my own travel capabilities. See attachment (for anyone interested).

β€œIt's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” - J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 04:20:53 PM »
Here is another chart from the RMFRP books.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
β€” RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.