Author Topic: AutoHARP 1.0 - Errata - Issues  (Read 13114 times)

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
AutoHARP 1.0 - Errata - Issues
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »
I have noticed that the forum takes to the book errata threads nicely so I'm hoping the same thing can happen for AutoHARP. I have noticed that most people are reporting their issues here over going to SourceForge and creating a ticket. That's fine. I know some people are not computer savvy and are more comfortable coming here to report it. I've been checking here frequently anyways and writing up tickets as people report them. So I figured on creating a dedicated thread for people to report issues and bugs.  The other thread can become a place for people to ask just general questions or perhaps pass ideas.

I can think of one issue to get things started:

I believe when you install Martial Law that the new armor rules are not showing up automatically. To get the new armor laws from Martial Law to appear you need to open Tools->Manage Books and select the Harp Fantasy database. There expand the Martial Law book and look for the file entry named "Defenses". Click under the "Base Rules" column on that row and select "true". If you want you can go under Harp Fantasy, find Defenses and change the Base Rules to false, however the application looks for the first true statement for Base Rules so it doesn't matter in this case. Once you do this the new armor rules will show up.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: AutoHARP 1.0 - Errata - Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »
Hi Monk,

Found another issue it seems. I added the Giantism talent to a character when doing the level up to 1st level. The talents gives the character +5 bonus to Strength. When I completed the level up, I added the +5 to Strength in the Statistic tabs. That +5 was not reflected in the skills unless I saved the character, closed it and then re-opened it.

Is there some means of having this recalculate without having to do that?

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »
I wrote up a ticket for that. If it's not getting updated when you switch tabs then I doubt it's going to update at all unless you save, close and re-open.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:31:52 AM »
This isn't actually an errata or issue but it may be something to consider in the future.

Is it possible to have the Armor Penalty automatically applied to all skills with Ag and/or Qu stats (except Armor)?

When I transfer an AutoHarp character to a character sheet, I have to recalculate many of the skill bonuses to apply the Armor Penalty.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »
Oh, I didn't realize that was to be done. In my mind that sounds like an issue, so I'll definitely write that one up.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 07:16:29 AM »
Oh, I didn't realize that was to be done. In my mind that sounds like an issue, so I'll definitely write that one up.

The character sheet that comes with Harp didn't provide any space for the Armor Penalty either. I guess it was expected to be added to the skill roll, or something of the kind. I created my own character sheet where I provided the space for it in the skills to reduce the amount of math on the skill rolls. It also prevents the penalty from being forgotten. It's not so much an issue than a question of convenience. It's makes thing simpler. I would put that one down as a nice to have if you get around to it.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 07:59:37 AM »
The MonstersFromCoreRules database does not match the monsters from the core book at all. Looks like a previous version of Harp was used to fill that database.

I'm manually updating my file with the information from the core book.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 08:31:19 AM »
I check that out... but if that's true then ICE made a last minute major change to the bestiary for HARP since I had a change log set when I made that database up.  :(

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 08:49:24 AM »
They have much improved the bestiary in Harp.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
Wow... I can see. This will take me a few days to implement but this is definitely something worth making an update for. So I will plan to have a cut off date for bugs for version 1.0.3 next week Friday.

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 09:39:27 PM »
AutoHARP 1.0.2

Minimum maneuver Penalties are not being displayed for armour types in the right hands side of the Defense Box in the armour Tab.

the penalties are not coming through to the skills either
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 07:35:51 AM »
Wow... I can see. This will take me a few days to implement but this is definitely something worth making an update for. So I will plan to have a cut off date for bugs for version 1.0.3 next week Friday.

I'll have completed my update of the monster database. I can send it to you once I'm done.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »
that would be aweso

I'll have completed my update of the monster database. I can send it to you once I'm done.

That would be awesome. I plan to also update the xml file further since I am noticing I need to add a few fields and attributes. I'm curious if there will be a monster creator with whatever Bestiary book that is coming. I'm wondering how they created these monsters with such detail.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 08:02:26 AM »
AutoHARP 1.0.2

Minimum maneuver Penalties are not being displayed for armour types in the right hands side of the Defense Box in the armour Tab.

the penalties are not coming through to the skills either

Ticket added. Thanks! 8)

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17:19 AM »
that would be aweso

That would be awesome. I plan to also update the xml file further since I am noticing I need to add a few fields and attributes. I'm curious if there will be a monster creator with whatever Bestiary book that is coming. I'm wondering how they created these monsters with such detail.

I read that Thom is planning to send you an updated database by next Friday. You should add a BMR type node which contains the BMR. Right now I'm filling the BMR with only one value if the creature has several.

They certainly have a clear set of rules when it comes to creature creation, I'm really hoping they will publish them.

Example of new structure
Code: [Select]
<BMRType name="Biped">
    <BMR>8</BMR>
</BMRType>
<BMRType name="Flight">
    <BMR>24</BMR>
</BMRType>

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 10:51:36 AM »
Lol! already done  ;D, albeit I added it as a separate field thus
<BMRType>Biped</BMRTYPE>
<BMR>8</BMR>

However, I'm thinking of actually editing it further to the following
<BMR type="biped">8</BMR>

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 11:34:16 AM »
Lol! already done  ;D, albeit I added it as a separate field thus
<BMRType>Biped</BMRTYPE>
<BMR>8</BMR>

However, I'm thinking of actually editing it further to the following
<BMR type="biped">8</BMR>

In my mind, there has to be a relation between the BMR type and BMR value. So the second one with the type has at attribute may be best.

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »
I ran into that as well. There are instances where two different BMRs are possible for a creature thus I need to map that BMR to that type. Therefore, I have to implement in that method. That way for a creature with Flight and Biped I will have two <BMR> fields.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
BMR Movement Type does impact BMR.

An 8' long Snake, 8' wingspan eagle, 8' tall ogre, 8' long fish, 8' shoulder height centipede, 8' shoulder height horse.... each have different BMR's.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »
Various issues we're encountering;

1) If you enter a Talent with the '&' symbol, you cannot open the saved character sheet. The parser is not correctly parsing the '&' symbol.

2) Rank limitations seem to be calculated off of profession level. I though max ranks we're based on total level?

3) The start up of a new character is super annoying. Can't we just have pools of free ranks from profession and culture to assign at the skills tab (over each category)? That pop up is adding a level of workflow requirements that is not needed IMO. There should simply be a pool of ranks listed at the top of the skills tab showing your profession (P) and adolescence (A) free ranks by category. Then there could be a couple new columns showing where the player assigned them (for GM auditing). It would speed up the workflow and remove an additional pop up. When you put ranks into the "ranks" column, it deducts DP. It should not allow you to exceed the free ranks in the pool for the category in any P or A column.

I have several more coming, my group is sending me their lists.
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast