Author Topic: Database questions  (Read 4835 times)

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Database questions
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 11:00:31 AM »
A part from the monsters, which other database files have had fields added to them. I need to properly update my setting specific files to match.

Thanks

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 08:10:18 AM »
I'm sorry it has taken this long to answer this question, but I had to go into my records and do a file by file comparison on 1.0.2 and 1.0.3. I didn't do this for Martial Law or Harp Sci-Fi yet. These are just for Harp Fantasy. I will generate a change log for the whole database and update the change log on my blog and for my records. I will make sure I generate a change log for the database in addition to the change log for the application itself.

So is what I discovered.

1.0.3 Changes to Database
DefensesFromCoreRules.xml
  • UnfittedMaxManeuverPenalty, UnfittedMinManeuverPenalty  and FittedMaxManeuverPenalty, FittedMinManeuverPenalty  are now negative numbers.

MagicItemsFromCoreRules.xml
  • <TreasureCode> node was added

MonsterTablesFromCoreRules.xml:
  • This whole database table was rewritten.

RacesFromCoreRules.xml
  • <BMRChart> node added

Most of these changes are for the front end for the MonsterTables database which hasn't been released yet but is ready for version 1.0.4. The most important change that isn't related is the Defense database file. Changing these values was the fix for a bug where the penalties were coming up wrong.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
I have a problem with the skills database. I have a skill with subskills and the subskills are not showing in autoHARP.

Can you tell me what's wrong with this because I really don't see it.
Code: [Select]
    <Skill name="Resistance">
            <Name>Resistance</Name>
            <Stats>
                <Stat>Self Discipline</Stat>
                <Stat>Constitution</Stat>
            </Stats>
            <Resolution>Special</Resolution>
            <Description/>
            <SubSkillOnly>True</SubSkillOnly>
<Subskills>
<SubSkill name="Stamina">
<Name>Stamina</Name>
<Stats>
</Stats>
<Description>This skill must be learned separately for the three different types of Resistance Rolls; Stamina, Will, and Magic. Each version of this skill has a different set of stats that are used. Resistance: Stamina uses Co/Co, Resistance: Will uses SD/SD, and Resistance: Magic uses In/In. Your total bonus for this skill includes your skill rank bonus, your stats, and the appropriate RR Bonus from the Racial Characteristics Table on page 19. The total skill bonus is then used as the modifier for any Resistance Rolls that the character has to make. Hint: Be sure your character has at least one rank in all three versions of this skill.</Description>
</SubSkill>
<SubSkill name="Will">
<Name>Will</Name>
<Stats>
</Stats>
<Description>This skill must be learned separately for the three different types of Resistance Rolls; Stamina, Will, and Magic. Each version of this skill has a different set of stats that are used. Resistance: Stamina uses Co/Co, Resistance: Will uses SD/SD, and Resistance: Magic uses In/In. Your total bonus for this skill includes your skill rank bonus, your stats, and the appropriate RR Bonus from the Racial Characteristics Table on page 19. The total skill bonus is then used as the modifier for any Resistance Rolls that the character has to make. Hint: Be sure your character has at least one rank in all three versions of this skill.</Description>
</SubSkill>
<SubSkill name="Magic">
<Name>Magic</Name>
<Stats>
<Stat>Insight</Stat>
<Stat>Insight</Stat>
</Stats>
</SubSkill>
</Subskills>
</Skill>

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »
Subskills should be

SubSkills (capital S)

Database is case sensitive.  8)

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 06:02:52 AM »
I may another one that doesn't work, as I copied that structure from somewhere else.  :o

I fixed it by copying one that works and now it's ok.

Thanks