Author Topic: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software  (Read 119240 times)

Offline sulkow82

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The truth is subversive.
Re: Rolemaster Combat Minion - RM combat tracking software
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2017, 07:26:30 AM »
Follow up: I've seen the bill coming through on my account.  DriveTHRU RPG does bill you again if you have to repurchase.
...formerly known as Kantron.

Offline rwglaub

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2017, 09:57:39 PM »
I never got the license email. How do I get it?
Robert Glaub
rwglaub@yahoo.com

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2017, 02:19:09 AM »
I never got the license email. How do I get it?

Hi rwglaub, it's the same email as the receipt email you got from RPGNow or DriveThruRPG. Scroll down the email to see your license info.

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2017, 03:22:02 AM »
For some unknown reason, my laptop has decided to reset my RCM back to the free version (after running fine since I purchased it in February). Unfortunately, I can't find the email with the licence key. How can I get the licence key resent? Do I need to request this from RPGNow?

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2017, 01:52:47 AM »
For some unknown reason, my laptop has decided to reset my RCM back to the free version (after running fine since I purchased it in February). Unfortunately, I can't find the email with the licence key. How can I get the licence key resent? Do I need to request this from RPGNow?

Log in to the online store you purchased it from, go to the product itself, Add to Cart (it will be $0.00 because you've already purchased it), confirm the purchase, and you will be emailed a purchase receipt (for $0.00) which includes your License # and Licence Key. Cheers.

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #285 on: September 27, 2017, 05:18:42 PM »

Log in to the online store you purchased it from, go to the product itself, Add to Cart (it will be $0.00 because you've already purchased it), confirm the purchase, and you will be emailed a purchase receipt (for $0.00) which includes your License # and Licence Key. Cheers.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work that way. When I go to the product on RPGNow, it says I have already purchased the product. When I add it to my cart, it is at full price, and stays that price all the way through to checkout - at which point I stopped, as I don't want to buy a second licence. It does have a link to "Click to get it!", but that just sends me the install instructions, not the licence key.

I have emailed RPGNow about it, providing them with order number etc, but they responded that I needed to talk to Iron Crown about it.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2017, 08:21:17 AM »
Prior to posting, I tested it on my account and the price is $0 throughout, so I have no idea why it works differently for you. Please let me know what response you get from RPGNow.

Fyi, here's a screenshot of the (re)purchase receipt email I received a few days ago when I tested, along with the License info (I cut off the license key, of course)...

http://www.web.com.au/tmp/rpgnow_repurchase.jpg

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2017, 01:54:36 PM »
Hello, Will there be a RMU version?
Thank!

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2017, 05:33:27 PM »
Hello, Will there be a RMU version?
Thank!

I really don't know, especially as I don't think I'll have time (and tbh perhaps not the inclination) to continue work on it. I'll answer as I answered many months ago... "I'd be very happy to discuss the possibility of handing over the software for others to manage. I'd need to think about that somewhat, and prefer to wait until the release of RMU to see where Combat Minion fits in."

Offline Hawkwind

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #289 on: October 04, 2017, 05:15:54 AM »
Prior to posting, I tested it on my account and the price is $0 throughout, so I have no idea why it works differently for you. Please let me know what response you get from RPGNow.

Here is a copy and paste of the reply I got from RPGNow when I asked them to resend the licence key:

Hello,

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we do not have a way to reset licenses under Rolemaster Combat Minion. You will need to contact Iron Crown Enterprises here: http://ironcrown.com/e-support/

Thank you for your business and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Ellen Garrett
Customer Service
RPGNow.com

I wanted to attach a screenshot showing that I was getting charged for a repurchase, but it doesn't seem possible to attach photos.

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2017, 10:37:55 AM »
The truth is that the app is great. The only things that I miss is to see the OB of the defender in the attack screen, to be able to know how much he has available to parry. And it would be nice to have a box of observations in "Defender FINAL CONDITION", to be able to show if someone has a broken arm or similar things. Nor do I see that the penalty to the parry is recorded in the case of "must parry".
Thanks!!

Offline grona73

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #291 on: November 01, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
I really love your app, thank you. One hope thou, there should be snap,normal and delibirate action phases included and counter for what is left in initiative.
So almost perfect software :) cheers.

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #292 on: November 25, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »
I know that the app can be used even offline, but if the cache is deleted and the web is no longer online in the future, is there a way to have a copy of the web for which we have paid the license?

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2017, 04:18:33 AM »
I know that the app can be used even offline, but if the cache is deleted and the web is no longer online in the future, is there a way to have a copy of the web for which we have paid the license?

Being a web app, you only need to be online once to download it and execute it. Thereafter it will run offline. But of course if you clear all of your browser caching and delete the web app, you'll need to go online again to download it once more.

The data you enter can be backed up at any time using the backup function from the options menu. Cheers.

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2017, 06:29:01 AM »
OK, but if the web is no longer online in the future?  :'(

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2017, 01:33:48 PM »
I wanted to know if there is any way that the amount of OB used to parry will be saved by the time the character makes his attack. And vice versa.

Also, if the program could detect if the character has already attacked in the current round to apply the stun effects in the next round without having to select it.

Thank you and congratulations for the app.

Offline wmaiuro

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »
Hello, I purchased my RCM through Drive Thru and have not recvd my keys to register the program.  Where do I get them please?

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »
Hello, I purchased my RCM through Drive Thru and have not recvd my keys to register the program.  Where do I get them please?

To quote Merkir on this:
You should get a single email from DriveThruRPG which is the normal "Thank you for your order" email DriveThruRPG always sends. At the very bottom of that same email is your Minion License Key, in red bold font. Do you still have that email?

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Finwe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2018, 12:44:29 PM »
Hello.
I have detected that after. several combat rounds the initiative rolls stop working correctly. It does not do the roll plus initiative bonus, keeping the last sum.
I use google chrome. If I refresh the web it works one or two rounds.
Thanks

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »
Hello.
I have detected that after. several combat rounds the initiative rolls stop working correctly. It does not do the roll plus initiative bonus, keeping the last sum.
I use google chrome. If I refresh the web it works one or two rounds.
Thanks

Hi Finwe,
Just clarifying, Initiative Rolls aren't made automatically. At the start of a new round, you need to click the "Roll Initiative" button. This caters for groups who may want to use the same initiative sequence for the whole battle. Can you click the button and confirm it gives you new totals?
Cheers.