Author Topic: Setting up a Demo  (Read 4007 times)

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Setting up a Demo
« on: July 31, 2014, 08:52:17 PM »
So I am setting up a demo at a Hobby Town near my house for Role-Master. While I have done plenty of Demos in the past with other games and so forth this will be the first time for me to showcase Role Master. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Setting up a Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:11:16 PM »
I think you should contact Colin  -  ICE (no spaces) and thom  @  ICE (no spaces) to see if they have anything special to get for your demo.
MDC

I will also PM them with the info of your post.
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »
Hi IronSoul_AMS,

There's lots we can help you with. If you're not already, sign up as a member of The Order of the Iron Crown ( http://ironcrown.com/the-order-of-the-iron-crown/ ) and you'll earn points for running your game.

In addition depending on whether or not you think they would be helpful I could send you some poster / flyer files to print off to help promote your games, I'd also like to announce the demo on social media so any fans in the area can pop in. Also it would be great if afterwards you could give us a round up of how it went.

I hope that has helped. If you have any specific questions feel free to let me know. I will PM you a bit later with more information and specifics.

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:46 AM »
I did try an sign up for the Order Of the Iron Crown I sent 2 emails actually.That being said posters,flyers and so forth would be awesome to have. I would like to be able to hand some things out to the players and passer-bys.

Thank you so much for the help I will be sure to post on facebook an such about my game. Again thank I love Iron Crown Games so much and look forward to my demo.

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »
Who should I email again? Also what do I need to do in order to get those flyers,posters and other things for my demo?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »
You should contact Colin, PM him at the info I gave above. When is your demo?
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »
My demo is set for August 15th-Is the adress ColinICE@ICE? I am having trouble reading it sorry.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 11:20:11 PM »
No it is Colin - ICE with no spaces. The reason for the spaces between Colin and (-) character and ICE is to prevent computer spam'ing his PM account.

IIRC, Colin will send you files that you can print up before your game.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »
So far I am working on creating a decent number of pre-generated characters for the demo. I am trying to work on making some quick cheat sheets of certain tables and charts to pass along. This way the players who will all be completely new to the game will have some fast,simple and easy reference charts.

The biggest thing is the Hobby Town said that if there is an opportunity for them to carry I.C.E products and sell they would like to be given the chance. So I want this to go over smoothly XD so I.C.E can pick up a new vendor.

I have tried messaging @Colin-ICE with no success

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 06:07:51 AM »
Unfortunately I do not know Colin's twitter or facebook info as I am not a social media guy, this is do to all of the security that was drummed into me as a MCSE way back when.
The info I gave you was for his PM address here on the website.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 08:17:26 AM »
Unfortunately I do not know Colin's twitter or facebook info as I am not a social media guy, this is do to all of the security that was drummed into me as a MCSE way back when.

Same here, only I was a Navy computer tech in the 80s. Probably some of the most obsessive people on earth about "network security" at the time, but no matter how off-the-deep-end they went with it, they always taught that "Network security is an oxymoron. If security is important, LEAVE IT OFFLINE, period, there is no other way for it to be actually secure."
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

Same here, only I was a Navy computer tech in the 80s. Probably some of the most obsessive people on earth about "network security" at the time, but no matter how off-the-deep-end they went with it, they always taught that "Network security is an oxymoron. If security is important, LEAVE IT OFFLINE, period, there is no other way for it to be actually secure."

There's a line in a book, I think it's one of Charles Stross' Laundry Files ones, about the best way to secure a computer is to stick it at the bottom of a mine guarded by the SAS and a tank division, in a Faraday cage, and switched off. And even that isn't guaranteed.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline IronSoul_AMS

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 05:45:01 PM »
How do I get in contact with Colin?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
I always just pm Colin here by the pm address above. Colin has always gotten back to me in a short amount of time.
MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.