Author Topic: Excel Character Maker by "Dale"  (Read 1779 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Excel Character Maker by "Dale"
« on: August 11, 2014, 02:29:15 PM »
It is this one: Buss.DaleHARPCSexpandedv3 that I am referring to.

I just need to know where to put the Focused Eloquence (Lesser) information, i.e. which sphere I am using that on so the sheet can calculate the final bonus for the spell lists instead of giving me a "REF!" indicator. Thanks.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Excel Character Maker by "Dale"
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:41:30 PM »
I haven't been involved in any of the updates, and the closest version I could find was v4 here: http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item819

But it appears the error is arising because it's trying to reference a cell titled "talent_eloquence" which does not exist. You can get rid of the error by naming a cell "talent_eloquence". A bigger issue is that this was intended for the original eloquence talent that (I think) gave a +25 bonus to all spells. There's nothing in the formula on the Skills page to check the sphere. It would be better to have the focused eloquence talent as multiple talents (one for each sphere), and then have the spells only reference the correct one.

As a quick workaround, I would create a "talent_eloquence" cell anywhere inconspicuous and set the value to FALSE. Then manually put the bonus in the Other column on the skills page.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Excel Character Maker by "Dale"
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:26:06 PM »
Sounds like a plan, thanks.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.