Author Topic: New player question: invincible rats!  (Read 9712 times)

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: New player question: invincible rats!
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2016, 06:06:08 AM »
Spectre771, even though AT 3, 4, 11 and 12 could theoretically be available for players, we always assumed that it was not available simply through normal means because of the description mentioning animal hides (even though, for AT 11 and 12, it mentions armor "and" animal hides) plus there is no price listed for these three armor types anywhere in the official RM books.

YMMV

Thank you Ecthelion.  Out of our gaming group back in college, 7 of the 9 players were all Martial Arts members (that's how we all met), and we reasoned that Rigid Leather was listed as a type and we knew it existed in the 'real world' so we used it.  Oh well, going forward, that's something we're going to adjust in the game.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2016, 10:00:02 AM »
I've heard that Olf Le Fol's mum wears AT4 armour.

One word .... Burrrrrrrrr

-BP

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2016, 10:06:42 AM »
Spectre771, even though AT 3, 4, 11 and 12 could theoretically be available for players, we always assumed that it was not available simply through normal means because of the description mentioning animal hides (even though, for AT 11 and 12, it mentions armor "and" animal hides) plus there is no price listed for these three armor types anywhere in the official RM books.

YMMV

Thank you Ecthelion.  Out of our gaming group back in college, 7 of the 9 players were all Martial Arts members (that's how we all met), and we reasoned that Rigid Leather was listed as a type and we knew it existed in the 'real world' so we used it.  Oh well, going forward, that's something we're going to adjust in the game.

I also allow the "high level Leathers".  And I know there is no price.  I allow people to add materials like Giant Crab Shell or the like to the construction of armor.  This must be done by a special leatherworker and a series of check be done to ensure that the armor was created correctly.

One character has a set of Full Hide Plate made from the hide of a lesser Demon Lord.  He wears it for three reasons.  First, it gives greater protection due to the material.  Second, it give an intimidation effect.  Third, it attracts demons like a moth to a flame.  Yes, the character is psychotic, but that has nothing to do with the armor.

The armor is considered priceless.  But we used the time to create armor for the less leather, and I made the creator to make a Crafting check daily. 

-BP

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »
Third, it attracts demons like a moth to a flame.  Yes, the character is psychotic, but that has nothing to do with the armor.

-BP

OK, that is awesome.

The psychotic part, maybe not so much the demons to the moth to the flame. LOL

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2016, 11:34:07 PM »
padded armor in ...and a 10' pole provides AT 3.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »

I also allow the "high level Leathers".  And I know there is no price.  I allow people to add materials like Giant Crab Shell or the like to the construction of armor.  This must be done by a special leatherworker and a series of check be done to ensure that the armor was created correctly.

We also rationalized that as well.  The armour could have been piece-mealed together with giant grab shell, tougher hides of non-magical animals or what not.  I don't recall what we did for pricing since it was so long ago.