Author Topic: Getting players to develop the story for you!  (Read 959 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
Getting players to develop the story for you!
« on: January 23, 2017, 10:27:06 PM »
This is something I may be implementing into my RPG games. It is called a dream map and is from a game called Dreamchaser that a good friend of mine developed. A dream map is where the players collaborate over what the game is going to consist of. Basically the players come up with the plot and the goals of the game. This takes a lot of stress from the GM and can help a great deal. My idea is to implement something similar where the players set a dream map of their characters goals (and how they will reach them) for both the party and themselves. In HARP reaching and defeating goals is the primary way to gain exp, so the dream map will fit right in.

If anyone wants (and with his permission) I will post some kind of example and instructions on how this works. I may over time do some kind of article and submit it to the Guild Companion for publication of some sort.

The game in itself is pretty innovative and easy to play, but I see so much potential in this dream map (especially for HARP). If anyone is interested the Kickstarter starts tomorrow morning, 24 Jan 2017.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!